Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-15-2014, 11:23 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Fire Words 2.0 (word game by Amuses Me)

Fire Words was one of one of the first games on the App Store back in 2008. It's a solid word game: find words by connecting letters, with the twist that each word played heats up all unused letters. When a letter reaches maximum heat, the game ends.

Right from the begining it was a perfect mobile game: simple, easy to pickup, fast, and built for touch controls. It even got a "four mice" review from Macworld. Now it's gone five years without an update. Time to fix that.

Here's a trailer for Fire Words 2.0:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Fire Words 2.0 will add support the new stuff that's come to iPhone since 2008: retina display; 4-inch screen; Game Center; as well as updated graphics and a mysterious storyline that's revealed as players acheive higher and higher scores. Of course, it's still true to its core. It's a fun and simple word game. It launches fast, and always restarts where you left off (even if you last played years ago!). There's no main menu or ad at launch. Also, there's no no in-app purchases, as Fire Words predates IAP

Personally, Fire Words has been on my phone through every hardware upgrade from the first gen iPhone to my iPhone 5. Even as the graphics have aged it's always been the perfect example of a mobile game by being so simple and solid.

I can't wait to share this update with you.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:02 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Two months later and work continues. Here's a video of an animated blur that was just added:

https://vine.co/v/MIudJl7e0OX

I don't know why I wrote an animated blur for a word game.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:09 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

You can now play a recent beta online.

Also, if you launch PrismaDROP and tap the "more games" button you can sign up to be notified when Fire Words is released.