Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 01-28-2014, 09:40 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Sorry to hear that, hope it all got sorted. I know the 'paper trail' you have on the internet is a bit mad at times, some people are so stupid having open Facebook accounts or adding their bosses as a 'friend' then have a day off ill and tell the world they're going shopping ! Twitter trolls are the worst, i mean they can easily be traced, its just stupid.
Yeah it's sorted it's in the past although it was a costly (financial) learning experience for me as I lawyer-ed up immediately and the whole thing was kind of insane it's probably something I'll always be bitter about but such is life.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:10 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

i like dropbox because many apps connect to it and because it has simple, efficient and solid clients for all my devices (mobile and desktop).
Old 02-03-2014, 06:51 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

I also like Dropbox the most because of its great app integration. Lately other services such as box and google drive have been offering much more space in their free offering, so I've been using these on the site for less frequently needed files such as old photos and backups of older docs.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:41 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Well the company i finally went with was Pogoplug

Sounds a crazy name ! But its super cheap and i can pay via itunes so i've used my giftcard to pay for this months.

https://pogoplug.com

Dropbox is great BUT its quite dear if you want more than 100 gig. Pogoplug (i'm sounding like an advert !) offers you unlimited storage space which was the dealbreaker for me. Plus .cbr files work directly with Comic Zeal (like Dropbox) so i'm happy.

$4.95 a month or $49.95 a year (unlimited !). Cant complain at that

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
It's not a conspiracy theory; people have had visits from Homeland Security and been investigated for simple google searches. I could go on but I think you get the idea. Some people just aren't comfortable uploading their data to someone else's server.
I'm sure it does exist but i havent got anything to hide. Again if the police want to arrest me as i have some 30 year old Speccy games in my storage space or a couple of scanned comics then fair enough. I dont mind who looks at my data at all. I've got nothing to hide from any google searches either as i dont search for anything strange/bad/sick. I'm sure the Royal Mail over the years have done 'illegal' searches on post yet theres no huge great conspiracy theories about that etc. Its like everyone thinks they're the next Edward Snowden or something !

Last edited by psj3809; 02-03-2014 at 07:44 AM..
Old 02-03-2014, 09:50 AM
In Time-Out
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

EDIT: was meant to quote PSJ.. delete this post..

Last edited by Gov; 02-03-2014 at 10:03 AM..
Old 02-03-2014, 10:04 AM
In Time-Out
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Well the company i finally went with was Pogoplug

Sounds a crazy name ! But its super cheap and i can pay via itunes so i've used my giftcard to pay for this months.

https://pogoplug.com

Dropbox is great BUT its quite dear if you want more than 100 gig. Pogoplug (i'm sounding like an advert !) offers you unlimited storage space which was the dealbreaker for me. Plus .cbr files work directly with Comic Zeal (like Dropbox) so i'm happy.

$4.95 a month or $49.95 a year (unlimited !). Cant complain at that

I'm sure it does exist but i havent got anything to hide. Again if the police want to arrest me as i have some 30 year old Speccy games in my storage space or a couple of scanned comics then fair enough. I dont mind who looks at my data at all. I've got nothing to hide from any google searches either as i dont search for anything strange/bad/sick. I'm sure the Royal Mail over the years have done 'illegal' searches on post yet theres no huge great conspiracy theories about that etc. Its like everyone thinks they're the next Edward Snowden or something !
I uploaded all my iOS DLC content to the cloud, I don't know how legal that is... but i hope its all good. I uploaded all my pinball tables season 1~3.. I know i can restore purchases officially.. but I just want extra backup in my own personal space.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:13 AM

Can't see that being illegal. My apps are backed up on my external drive as I don't have enough room on my pc!
Old 02-03-2014, 12:35 PM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I think I got 50 gb on google drive or dropbox for getting a note 3, gotta look into that.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:39 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
I think I got 50 gb on google drive or dropbox for getting a note 3, gotta look into that.
I got 50gb dropbox storage with my S4 mini so I'd guess dropbox.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Yeah it'll be Dropbox, when i had a Samsung phone recently (for 5 days !) you were given 50 gig free by Dropbox.

Worth using just to back stuff up. Again i preach about backups because i've had my hard drive (computer) crash and an external drive crash, both cost quite a lot to recover the data on ! Backups backups backups now for me !