Locked Thread?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Jibba, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Link

Did that really need to be locked? I did a search and didn't find anything recent.

Oh, and it's a shame that you allow some of these trolls to hang around here.

Winner.

2. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    "nothing recent"? because I just searched for "multiplayer" and got Battle bears -1, Skies of Glory, and Exo-Planet Elite. Maybe you didn't look hard enough.

3. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    #3 Jibba, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
    Yes, I was hoping to confine a specific discussion to a single thread. Of course there are threads about each of the individual games. But I don't want to go through each thread which mentions multiplayer to determine if they have it (many are someone saying "not just add multiplayer and this would be great" or some other variation).

Here's the search: Link. No threads there on multiplayer games (such as the RTS thread which is of course open and has a great discussion going of RTS games).

Edit: By the way, I have all three of those games. I don't like BB, somewhat enjoy Skies (but am not particularly good) and haven't given Exo-Planet a chance yet.

4. gatorsxrule

gatorsxrule Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    School
    Florida
  5. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I understand that they did that around Christmas for a specific reason. But based on the huge number of similar threads (on various genres) which are currently in that forum, I thought it was ok if specific enough. And the reason for the lock had nothing to do with not posting in that thread.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be a sh*t stirrer. I just wanted to voice my opinion and may just look to another forum to have that discussion (which is regrettable because TA seems to be the best and largest of the dozens (if not more) that are out there.

6. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    @Jibba:

For what it's worth, I think you have every right to feel miffed. I saw nothing in the thread you posted that warranted a lock. Even a thread that is at worst superfluous (which yours wasn't) will normally die a quick death of its own accord.

As for the poster in your sig, he's merely one of those people who seem to know a fair bit about a fair few things, unfortunately not including how to be a decent human being or treat others with respect.

7. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Thanks for chiming in Gabrien. If nothing else, it's encouraging to know I'm not alone.

8. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Try asking in the Mass What Should I Get thread. Mods never look in there plus there are
    people in there willing to help. As long as your question isn't too obscure.