Universal Hero Emblems (by HeatPot Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 8, 2015.

1. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    it has to come this year! it has toooo!

2. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    #1282 nyanpass, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    I want to meet a new series. But they are developing. It is not the near future, but we will see it someday. :)

On the other hand, it's been three years since the game was released, and it's amazing that it has been updated for iPhone X.
    [​IMG]

3. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Im not a fan of Match 3s but this one I could always play. Looks awesome on the X and definetly playjng again.

4. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Does anyone know if optimising for X is rocket science or something? Even this game can do it. There's a lot of newer games that's not even optimised. Example one potentially good game chrono clash something... Numerous updates but not X optimized.. why are the dev so useless and lazy.

5. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    It depends entirely on how the game was made in the first place. For some games, it's relatively simple. For others it may involve completely tearing up the proverbial carpet and/or trying to get support from a middleware developer that may not support iOS or even be in existence anymore.

Never assume laziness or a lack of caring. Game development is very complex. Laziness implies both that the solution is easy and the developer just can't be bothered, which is a pretty unlikely scenario.

6. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Thanks for clarifying Shaun.

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Then, of course, there’s the issue of effort and reward, and, you know, running a business. Even if it were “easy,” updating to iPhone X takes time and resources, which may not translate to additional sales. For many developers, losing money is not an option.

8. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    This is still one of my favorite games and I was reminded of it with the article of part 2 coming one day....

I remember getting a bit confused on the paths we choose such as A or B. Any guidance on how to choose paths...

9. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Slightly offtopic, do you have any recent recommended puzzle rpgs?
    After finishing most of the premium titles, I am still on the occasional daily MPQ and Puzzle&Dragons. What’s your fix while we wait?

10. bacon-N-eggs

bacon-N-eggs Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    I’ve come back to this after a few years, still loving it. Quick question, how do I know where I’ve been? And more so where I need to go? Old save is 12+ hours, but I didn’t complete the game. Now I’m lost

11. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    there's a flashing icon for the next unfinished quest on the world map.

12. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Guys, this is suddenly on sale for $0,99 first time in 3 years! Could it be the sequel is coming?:rolleyes::eek::oops: Or is my imagination acting up again?:)

13. i think the sequel is still happening. The latest update was Jan 17, 2020

14. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Makara Nou I'm aware of the announcement and whatnot, but I'm hoping the current sale is a prediction of a sequel coming very soon. It's taking too long already if you ask me, so fingers crossed. Why would all of a sudden went the first game on sale after 3 years, right? I'm in conspiracy mode right now. :cool:

Makara Nou, stubbieoz and PBSNellie like this.
  15. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    That is one conspiracy theory I’m going to run with. :D

macplash likes this.
  16. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Gonna just say that anyone passing by this thread and doesn't own this game should buy it immediately. 99 cents is a steal and I personally think this is one of the greatest mobile games ever made. In terms of match 3, I could find nothing better. If you don't buy this game you're missing out on something incredible.

macplash and squarezero like this.
  17. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Been thinking of buying this for years, never did. But, you convinced me.

L.Lawliet likes this.
  18. @macplash
    On twitter: 'This is the latest #gamedev update of 2020. First, we plan to release HE2 in SUMMER 2021. Please be patient and stay tuned.'

sugimulm and ThirdMoon like this.
  19. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

can’t wait!

Makara Nou likes this.
  20. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Agreed! Must own and it looks like the sequel is coming SUMMER 2021!!! Woohoo finally! If I remember the first one was an over 30+hour game and multiple endings (; please buy this and enjoy!

L.Lawliet likes this.