Rolando is coming December 18th, 2008

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ngmoco - Neil, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Hi Touch-Arcadians,

Just wanted to let you officially know that Rolando is coming to the App Store December 18th, 2008 for $9.99 US.

There'll be new media (videos & screenshots) & information rolling out over the course of this upcoming week - so stay tuned!

On behalf of everybody at ngmoco:) we'd like to thank you for your support and look forward to everyone playing Rolando.

Thanks,

--- Neil

2. matt

matt Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Blogger/Student/Public Relations
    Collins,GA
    Thanks Neil!

I cant wait to get the game, time to go to CoinStar!

-mat

3. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Thanks Neil for telling us.

Rolando looks great and I'll surely get it as soon as it is available! :)

4. JDH22

JDH22 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Oregon
    Yay, can't wait! I love dropship :) So, i guarantee I will love Rolando! Thanks bunches Neil.

5. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    #5 vaelsh, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
    Hey Neil! I sent you a PM and I need an answer because I am on the verge of buying something and need the info, if any, from the PM.:)

Sorry for the off-topic comment, but the PM IS Rolando related... :) ...And I am trying to get his attention!

6. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    This game has huge hype, I can't see it at the moment (No Offense), but I hope I can be dazzled when I try it because some of my friends are going to get it

7. spyker3292

spyker3292 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    So what's this little promo thing you mentioned on Twitter? A sale of your other apps?

8. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    Yeah, that's what the PM I sent was partially about! Please give us at least a hint!:)

9. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    i think imma just save the money for NFS
    these guy made us wait and price is way above expected price

10. costanza

costanza Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Orlando, FL
  11. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    I just hope ngmoco keeps EU people in mind in their promotion. :D

12. Oma

Oma Well-Known Member

Yeah, we in Belgium are waiting for you... (A)

13. Flunkie

Flunkie Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    You can't be serious. Rolando got "delayed" mostly because Dropship took more time than they wished to get through approval, and it has always been set for the $10 price range.

14. Indy

Indy Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    Thanx Neil.

15. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    my expected price
    game neat
    but i personally wont dish out 10 for a game like this

16. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Get a job.

17. VL-Tone

VL-Tone Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Can you guess why they made us wait? How about because they were working on polishing the game?

They could've released the game much earlier, with crappy controls and much less stuff to do in levels, but they decided to work a few months more and polish the game to make it a unique experience.

Now, the game is not out, and I've not played it yet, but the fact that it took so much time is an indication that it may well worth the price.

People paid $9,99 for Super Monkey Ball, a game that probably took less than 2 week to port from existing assets.

Rolando on the other hand, is an original game made especially for the iPhone/iPod touch platform, involving dozens of different gameplay mechanic all combined into one game, polished graphics and music. A game of this caliber on the DS or PSP would cost at least $30.

I don't know if you work for free, but I think that people working on this game deserve to be paid for their months of work.

/end of rant

18. Oma

Oma Well-Known Member

Or just get a rich friend to share your account with =")

19. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    ^ I agree with the post above Oma's except for the fact that people associate taking long to develop a game with its overall quality. The truth is, we won't know that until it's released. Hell, you think Zombie Mansion didn't take any time to make at all even though, well, it's not that good? (I'm sorry to keep bringing that game back, but it's just too funny).

20. VL-Tone

VL-Tone Member

Sep 28, 2008
    You're right, taking a long time to develop a game doesn't automatically means it will be a quality game, but it sure helps. I was addressing ericxd's comment where he complains about both the price and the fact that we had to wait for the game. I just wanted to point out that generally, when people work more on something, they deserve to be paid accordingly.