List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
  2. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Awesome game. I noticed the iPhone version is free as well, but I've heard that one is a bit hard to play.

3. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    New point & click game: Castle Dracula. Screen shots look pretty awesome.

4. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I am having a lot of fun with G5e's new game InBetween Land. It is an item based-puzzle game where you find items in one location and take them to another to solve puzzles. No real hidden object scenes that I can remember. It does not have the usual dark, murderous atmosphere either. All around a fun game. Link is to G5e's site:

InBetween Land HD

InBetween Land

5. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    This is actually really good to know. I have that one but haven't gotten to it yet. Guess now is a good time to start :)

6. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    From the video preview it looks like fragmented hidden object scenes. Developer is Specialbit Studios who also did the Haunted Hotel series. Non-horror games are a nice change these days. I might give it a try though I am falling behind.

7. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Sorry, I didn't realize that type of scene had a name, but I was thinking they were more puzzle-scenes as you had to figure out how to use what you found in those scenes to proceed in the game. That being said, there are only a few of those type of scenes in the game. The bulk of the game is item interaction and puzzle solving.

I really appreciated the non-horror aspect, even if it is a bit "supernatural-ly".

8. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Thanks Eric. I had missed most of these.

9. I finally played The Room. OMG. It's one of those rare gems that I couldn't stop playing from the moment I started. I didn't even blink before paying for the full game. There was no question about it. Now that I finished, I feel like there's a hole that can't be filled by anything other than more of the same lol. Damn...

10. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Totally agree. I really hope there is a sequel

11. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Okay, I was meaning to buy this one anyway, but I went and hit the "buy" button right after I saw your post. It better be good :)

12. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    You have no idea. It is what the ipad was invented for

13. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    #4916 Teagan, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
    I have it but don't remember playing it lol

Never mind. I remember playing it now. I got stuck and deleted it, go figure:)

14. Omg are you serious?!? I started playing last night and the only thing I stopped for was sleep.
    I like the hint system, too. I found it useful when stuck, but didn't ruin the game by making it too easy.
    God it was such a good game. Makes all other games seem unworthy of my time.

15. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Is that the one with IAP hints (not for me, if so...)? If not, who is the developer, please?

16. Nope, the hints are free. But you do have to wait a bit between each one. They don't want you to resort to hints too quickly.

The developer is Fireproof Games.

17. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Glad to hear. I've been on the fence about this one. I have loved everything from Elephant Games. Hitting the "unlock now" button now :)