Best ways to charge iphones

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Amenbrother, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    How often do you guys charge your iphones? Also do you all know if there is any sweet spots as in dont let it get lower than 20% to charge it or charge it at 50% every time if you can? I usually wait till it goes all the way down to 20% or so then charge it all the way to 100%...

2. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    No help here?

3. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    Google it! I think lifehacker or gizmodo had an article about it too.

4. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Hmmm ok!

5. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Apparently there's a write up about the battery in the online manual for the iphone.
    You know how these things don't really come with a manual, apparently there's a complete one online with a write up about the battery.
    I'm saying apparently because I heard it from a friend, but cbf actually getting it.

6. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    So had a look myself. The online manual says to go to this link:

http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

Which actually doesn't tell you anything knew really.
    Maybe just have a check and then search for the others mentioned

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Best way to preserve the battery is that you start charging the phone when the battery is lowest as possible (I usually charge at 5-10%) and then all the way up to 100% and then unplug. Of course to preserve the battery you should also keep brightness at a minimum level, use airplane mode at night, kill running apps and such.

I have an old phone and the battery drains pretty quick, so I usually charge my phone 2 times per day, 3 times on weekend days.

8. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Well I also heard we should be doing the opposite, I heard Iphones like more frequent and less full cycle charges. I also saw that leaving your phone charging overnight is a good thing to do omce in a while. Who knows...