Secret of Mana for iphone is needed!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by butterbean21, Feb 23, 2010.

1. butterbean21

butterbean21 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
  2. ilStugots

ilStugots Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    That game wasn't very good. All you had to do was spam a particular spell on each boss and it would never get a hit in. Too easy.

3. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal

I disagee. This was was one of my all time favorites games if not my favorite from Squaresoft. It was super fun was the only game of it's type and quality that and had mutiplayer at the time (up to 3 players) that I can think of.

Plus the music was just incredible :)

I want it !!!!!

4. butterbean21

Nov 13, 2009
    Me too! Love the multiplayer ability, would be nice to port that in with the iphone, it would be a killer app! They need to bring this to the iphone, and they've needed a portable version for some time now!

5. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    When I got my SNES from my friend it came with quite a few RPG games... and I think aside from maybe Super Mario RPG, this is my favorite. But I still think that the GBA sequel, Sword of Mana, was a bit better. It might just be me, but I enjoyed that game a bit more. I got really far in it too, but then I lost the cartridge... It was such a good game, and I think I'd rather see that one ported than Seret of Mana, although I could'nt really complain either way.

6. misfitskater6

misfitskater6 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Secret of Mana is one of the best games of all time, but I really would not hold your breath for a port. I was surprised enough to see it show up on Virtual Console...

I'd buy it if it came out, but I'm not expecting it at all. I'd REALLY like to see SD3 officially released in english. The patch for the SNES rom is great, but the game doesn't work very well unless you're using an emulator on a computer. Not holding my breath for that either.

7. Secret of Mana must be one of my all time favourites! Great game, catchy music.

Somehow the sequels never really did it for me, they never quite lived up to the original.

8. butterbean21

Nov 13, 2009
    I love SOM and is truly one of my all time favorites, but I would also love to see Seiken Densetsu 3 ported over and translated as well!

Also loved Legend of Mana for PS1 even though it wasn't loved by many, loved the hand drawn graphics and building worlds on the map

I think the chances of SOM coming stateside is better than most people think.... although I could see Chrono Trigger being ported of SOM

9. butterbean21

Nov 13, 2009
    Looks like Secret of Mana is a coming!!

10. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    yeah this game is my favorite RPG for the SNES. I don't know how anyone can say its not a good game, unless the mobile version sucks for whatever reason.

11. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    it's coming lol ,squareenix already released info.

12. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
  13. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    Secret of Mana was my second favorite game on the SNES after A Link to the Past. Followed closely by Soul Blazer.

Soul Blazer would be a great port too...

14. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Anchorman
    Channel 4 Newsroom
    I wouldn't mind a Illusion of Gaia port, or maybe Secret of Evermore enhanced port...
    But Chrono Trigger would be the best thing they could port... imo of course...

15. butterbean21

Nov 13, 2009
    Agreed ! If Chrono Trigger comes as well I'd be set!!

If they ported over an English translated version of secret of mana 2 ( seiken densestu 3) that would be even better!