iPhone Shadowrun Returns - (by Harebrained Schemes LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 25, 2013.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    So is the Dragonfall expansion going to work the way that Enemy Within does? Or is the separate app only the Dragonfall content?

2. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    You do realize that both your questions are the same? Enemy Within does not have all the content from Enemy Unknown.
    To answer your question though Dragonfall is going to be a stand alone separate game.

3. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    So going back to my issue with the last few levels where you need a certain weapon. I didn't pay attention and proceeded with the levels. So far the way I've been getting through the next few levels (starting from the hunt) is just running by everything and killing just the humans. I must have no picked up or bought the required weapon for my main char so only the guy who is given to you by default has the required item. Now if I try to reload the level I start from the one I'm already at and am unable to back up far enough to get the weapons I need.

Looks like it is possible to "break" the game without glitches and cause yourself to be unable to advance because you overlooked an item. *le sigh*

4. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Oh, so it's going to be another standalone game... hmmm, so how are they going to handle the user-generated mods/content next then?

5. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Yes, Enemy Within (the iOS game) in fact DOES have all the content from Enemy Unknown. It would be impossible for it not too as it is an expansion pack, which adds content to the core experience, and therefore cannot stand on its own.

I'm asking if Dragonfall is the same, or if it's a separate set of content that could stand on its own, more akin to a Borderlands DLC.

I already know that it is going to be a separate app.

6. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    A separate campaign and narrative, comparable in length to the original (reports indicate Dragonfall is slightly longer). Mechanically, it is refined, but very similar (and the same combat mechanics, character progression, abilities and interactions return). And most importantly, Dragonfall is considered to improve upon the original in every single way, the writing and narrative more than anything.

7. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    #407 ojtitus, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
    You're right the iOS, Xbox, and PS3 versions are expansions including the original game but the PC version requires you to have Enemy Unknown to play Enemy Within, Sorry my bad. Dragonfall is going to be a stand alone expansion.:D

Edit: Borderlands DLC can not stand on it's own as you have to have the main game to play any of the DLC(expansions), just like Enemy Within on PC.

8. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Thanks Ayjona ;) So there is still reason to buy the first one even after Dragonfall is out.

I know that, because they are DLC for the main game. But what I was trying to get at was that they are more of another experience than an integration of ideas to the core experience. Each DLC involves a new location with a set of missions inside of it. It would be somewhat possible to release it as a small standalone game that takes place only in that location.

9. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    I'm passing up on oddworld and patiently waiting for this one.. Can't wait

10. Sildani

Sildani Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2013
    High school social studies teacher
    NOVA
    That's great! Hopefully they take the existence of bigger iPhones into account and make it Universal. I think it'd work great on my 6 Plus.

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Right!

12. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Just finished it, enjoyed it thoroughly and it has been a long time since I had been so addicted to a game. Great combat - yea, I know, X-com lite, but since I didn't play X-com it was completely fresh for me. Good writing and story, loved all aspects of presentation. Would have wanted more dialog and chatter from NPCs, but I hear that this has been improved on in Dragonfall.
    Oh, and it is very playable on an iPad 2, provided one puts it in the airplane mode, restarts the device before a playing session and doesn't try to multi-task. No crashes for me after I started doing that, though save anywhere was very much appreciated and utilized. On to Dragonfall!

13. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Have been trying to chip away at this recently on my device, having had it sitting for ages and seen some good reviews I thought I would finally give it a good try.

But

I just cannot seem to get into this unfortunately. I find it closest to a point and click RPG more than anything else. So far there's been very little combat, and rather just walls of text. That's just not my cup of tea. The mini dialogue text selection puzzles that I've seen so far have been more like a speed bump than engaging at all. For instance I had to recover a password from a computer using question and answer recovery, and predictably all the answers were scattered around the very room I was in (probably a good thing because I wasn't prepared to go wondering far just to do that).

This game seems to be mostly about story (lots and lots of text), and visuals than anything else. I know that's a domain of RPG's, but damn it's been a bit of a fizzer for me after all this time.

^ interesting how my 'review' (and I use that term lightly), is so polar opposite to the one above. Just shows how different everyone's tastes can be.

14. Power Gamer

Power Gamer Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    It's a very, very simple game. As you said, it's just point and click, even during the combat, which for me is totally boring. Overall the game has very little depth. Beautiful graphics, good soundtrack though.
    I was a fan of the original SNES game.

15. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Does it work on iOS 9? It is on my backlog for ages.

16. DTK

DTK Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Marketing
    Berlin Germany
    A absolutely fantastic game!

17. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Anyone?

18. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Bump.Does it work on ios 10 along with dragonfall?

19. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    It works on 9 except for the music.

20. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Thanks!