★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Rob Hayes
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 4.8 MB
  • Version: 1.2.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4.7 (3)
App description: Take to the skies, strap a gun to your thumb and fight the invaders in this fast-action, adrenaline-fuelled, thumb shoot em up!

Thumbkind is relying on you!

Unlock ships, weapons, themes and more in this epic space battle which contains over 4000 different combos (yes its true; ask the resident chimp, Albert, who was tasked with counting them all).

Featuring:
Epic boss battles
Thumbtastic pixel art
Over 50 collectables
Thumbping soundtrack
Rewarded achievements
Randomly generated content
Competitive leaderboard
Thumb based puns
One-thumbed gameplay
Endless combinations

P.S. Other digits are welcome

Boardumb's comments:

05-04-2016, 06:00 PM
Introducing Ship Building!

Watch me design new ships for Thumb Space:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by 0Hayes; 07-04-2016 at 01:19 PM.

05-04-2016, 11:32 PM
Bought the all unlock. Great game.
05-05-2016, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
Bought the all unlock. Great game.
Fantastic! Thanks for supporting us. Got any favourite setups yet?
05-05-2016, 06:26 AM
I haven't tried any of the mods yet, gotta do that.
Right now it's Pylon with rainbow ray on the ocean
05-05-2016, 08:32 AM
Normally I wouldn't of clicked on a game that has an avatar of a thumb to be honest but this time I did and the game looks great. Not that I have ever seen an avatar with that before lol
Downloading now.
05-05-2016, 09:04 AM
Hi, 0Hayes!

Having fun with this. Been trying to beat the boss that comes straight at you but I always die. Using missiles and reloading as fast as possible too.

Do different ships have better/stronger weapons, or is everything cosmetic only?
05-05-2016, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
I haven't tried any of the mods yet, gotta do that.
Right now it's Pylon with rainbow ray on the ocean
Ah yeah, mods are essentially a shortcut to the harder difficulties. Particularly useful for getting a higher score =P

I like that, Pylon didn't get too much love during testing. It's nice to see it getting some play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
Normally I wouldn't of clicked on a game that has an avatar of a thumb to be honest but this time I did and the game looks great. Not that I have ever seen an avatar with that before lol
Downloading now.
Fantastic, can't argue with that! You'll have to let me know what you think. Thumbkind is relying on you after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherkellydown View Post
Hi, 0Hayes!

Having fun with this. Been trying to beat the boss that comes straight at you but I always die. Using missiles and reloading as fast as possible too.

Do different ships have better/stronger weapons, or is everything cosmetic only?
Hi Mike!

Awesome news. Ah yeah the big blue shield elite, sometimes I find it easier to recruit an index finger and go pedal to the metal with that!

As for ships, their all cosmetic. Weapons on the other hand are the main variable, I'd advise trying a rapid fire weapon such as a gatling gun or cluster missile against anything with allot of health.

Best of luck in the Thumb War! Thumbkind is relying on you.
05-05-2016, 10:07 AM
love it - completely unexpectedly so. Saw AKD tweet about it and thought 'why not'. My only small inconvenience is the reload at the top of the screen as I use my index finger rather than my thumb. Perhaps that's the point (no pun intended) but overall a neat little game.
05-05-2016, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Hayes View Post
[...]As for ships, their all cosmetic. Weapons on the other hand are the main variable, I'd advise trying a rapid fire weapon such as a gatling gun or cluster missile against anything with allot of health.
Ok, cool! I still haven't unlocked any new weapons (that I know of), but I'm guessing they are in the Loot Drop crates?