Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 06-24-2014, 07:49 AM

Have you tried activating the skills in the same manner? I find that sometimes I don't get assumed value of skill depending on how they are activated.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateRiddle View Post
Sure.
Build focus on stacking critical hits, take advantage of impending doom to constantly refresh the CD of critical skills like radiance, Aegis and Banner.

Aegis
smoke bomb for survival
Victory Banner for crit%
Radiance
Wandering Plague
Ki Blast
Blizzard
Tornado

Passive:
Wild Magic
Impending Doom
Arcane Potency
Staff Master
Life Leech
Student of Mind

Gears:
Red Fang
2*Howling Sickle or Black lotus

Invest 14 in Skill, for a 90% crit rate when banner is on, or 100% with 2 lotus.

Tornado,blizzard can hit multiple mobs multiple times no target requires, ideal for triggering impending doom, and if u crit on wandering plague, every consequential damage will count as crit, again, ideal for CD reduction. Ki blast scales with staff attack power, u will be surprised at its damage. And the knock down is nice. Smoke bomb is a golden skill, I would honestly encourage every build to include it.
I just got done beating the game as a mage. This build owns in the arena but the last boss was still a real sumbitch.

I am curious though as a number cruncher why do you recommended the Cowl of the Red Fang? Was that an oversight or intentional?

Wouldn't the Shadowmancer be better? +5% crit, +10% instant c.d., 35 spellpower !! I am really perplexed on this one.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:04 AM
iPhone 4

I used to run a sword and shield build without ninja skills. At level 50+ it can easily get over 200 kills.
Equipment:
Bael's blood reaper
Draconian bulwark
Mor'doth doomplate
2x champagne, although ashes are better I can't get my hands on them.

Skills:
Radiance
Ki blast
Slay living
Revenge
Aura of light
Frenzy
Defend
Savage pounce

Passives:
Favored soul
Adrenaline rush
Life leech
Grit
Shield training
Death wish

Stats:
Strength:around 20 (don't need to add this though)
Dex:5
Int:33 (ki blast and radiance buff)
Skill:5
Charisma:33 (radiance damage)
Endurance:everything else

This build has lots of survivability due to cc from ki blast and radiance, high hp and good life steal (45% with aura on). The one thing it suffers in is lack of damage at higher waves, but slay living solves that.

HOWEVER while this build is viable, I found greater success with dual wielding, replacing defend with blade rush. It's not the run-of-the-mill impending doom, but they are ninja skills. Dual wielding gives faster life gain and more damage, at the price of revenge no longer healing u for more than the damage dealt to u with aura on.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:58 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Imo rogue is one of the weakest classes next to the monk. The rogue uses a lot of one enemy attacks so your screwed if you meet a big crowd. And the attacks are rather weak even when you get shadowstep, its only decent.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:07 PM

Highest crit I got so far.. Wondering what every one else's highest is so far
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (279.4 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Dark Wishes; 07-14-2014 at 11:37 PM..
Old 07-19-2014, 09:29 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

I figured it out!! Add that witch passive lasting affliction for the plus 2 seconds to negative effects on the people you hit :d
Old 07-19-2014, 09:31 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by benuc184 View Post
Hey guys, this question has probably been answered a million times over, but I'm lazy so...

What skills do you guys use for rogue/ninja build?

I'm currently level 14 and running

Sneak Attack
Poison Knife
Smoke Bomb
Shuriken
Flame Weapon (3 skill points for 10% crit)
Sneak (for dungeons. Often used with shuriken to take out a priority target)
Twin Strike
Lacerate

Passives

Lethality
Dual Wield
Twist the blade
Lethal Edge

As I said, I'm only level 14, so I don't have all the skills, but it'd be nice to know which ones are good. So what build do you guys run with him/her? Thanks!
The witch passive called lasting affliction!! THATS the final part to g
Fates build!!
Old 07-19-2014, 09:33 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONDOG View Post
So, frequent commenter in this thread FateRiddle has been able to take down the final boss with one hit in an NG+ game at the equivalent of level 8:

[URL="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5iNlleYWhvk"]http://http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5iNlleYWhvk[/URL]

In the video you can see his equipment and active skills:

equipment:
Legendary dagger: Tombcaller
Legendary armor: Cowl of the Red Fang
Two Black Candles

active skills:
Song of War
Power Infusion
Enrage
Blood Magic
Aegis
Wrath (which he doesn't even activate in the video)
Victory Banner
Shadowstep

Method: He just activates everything but Wrath and Shadowstep, then hits Shadowstep once. He hits critically (gold numbers mean critical, right?) for around 4000 and then the boss continues to take approx 4000 damage again and again till it dies. In like 5 seconds.

This damage over time is probably the Barbarian passive Deep Wounds, which causes an unspecified amount of damage over time. So, I tried it. With the same equipment, and the same skill set. With a character around Level 50. And the following passives:

Deep Wounds
Lethal Edge
Sundering Strikes
Withering
Twist the Blade
Lethality

No dice. Not only did my initial hit only hit for mid 3000's, the continuing damage over time was a measly 400-something and for fewer times than FateRiddle's video. I've pored over the passive skills list for each class several times, but simply can't figure it out. And I've tried it 3 times with slight variations with the same result.

There are 12 classes with 5 Passive Skills each for a total of 60 passives to choose from, but narrowing down the conceivable passives he used isn't that hard since most of them are obviously not being used here (Ranger, Bard, Monk, Wizard, Barbarian etc. have one or zero contenders)...

So what do you think!? Is there something totally obvious that I'm overlooking?

Would love to hear some feedback.
LASTING AFFLICTION WITCH PASSIVE. You're welcome. Just figured it out !!!
Old 07-20-2014, 05:03 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Legend Drop

So I was farming the 'rouge' boss at the crystal chamber, and I got the Legendary Weapon 'Bael's Blood Reaper'. So i think it's safe to say that legendary weapons are a drop, they are just very rare...

BTW I'm level 49, and I have been farming since level 30, I went pure bard to get all skills In this playthrough