★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Exiles: Far Colony - Sci Fi Action RPG by Crescent Moon Games

01-28-2015, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicfreak View Post
AppAdvice has just covered Exiles: Far Colony. Get Notified On The Release
😭😭thank you so much.
01-28-2015, 10:08 AM
Game isn't fun

01-28-2015, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleySage View Post
Game isn't fun
Wow, that is some insightful stuff, you should blog... Details maybe?
01-28-2015, 11:52 AM
Joined: May 2014
Location: Jade City, BC, Canada
Posts: 68
I'm a bit suprised at the negative reactions. But even so, I believe that this game can get better. I'll be downloading this as soon as it hits Canada.
01-28-2015, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackupHero View Post
I'm a bit suprised at the negative reactions. But even so, I believe that this game can get better. I'll be downloading this as soon as it hits Canada.
Exactly. They have updated Android's version constantly since it dropped in December.
Still looking forward to this.
01-28-2015, 04:34 PM
here is a pretty good review..im excited either way....people either loved or hated Aralon and Ravensword i thought they were pretty awesome games to be on a mobile device.

http://www.gamezebo.com/2014/12/23/e...-review-shiny/
01-28-2015, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivad View Post
Wow, that is some insightful stuff, you should blog... Details maybe?
It would be a very blunt blog, although I'm sure that handle has already been taken... On the game; very late 2013 graphics, low resolution textures here & there, shadow & lighting issues and Dynamic lighting only in some areas. On the audio aspects, no soundtrack or music to be heard of, which is disappointing as music definitely adds to any Sci-Fi experience, (Imagine Star Wars without John Williams). Also regarding the audio, only some dialogue is voiced, which is disappointing to say the least, especially since characters do initially have a voice but then seem to lose it when the dialogue begins to reveal actual details. From the gameplay perspective, I am disappointed in the crippling controls & weapon aiming yet amazed by the vast open landscape your put into. Honestly, to elaborate some more on the size, it is comparable to borderlands size! But with this huge landscape also comes a mass amount of Fog & Pop-in objects. I figured that with how mediocre the graphics were in game, I'd at least be able to see the Landscape beyond the tightly enclosed wall of fog. To revisit the controls, Shooting a weapon is a daunting task, even more so when Mfi controllers have not been utilized at all. I had to rely on the Auto Aim setting implemented to take down the many "Peace Bots" I encountered. Oh and about the enemies, specifically the bots previously mentioned, a fight with one takes roughly 30 seconds. Not too long for a shoot out but when your faced with 15-20 in a single mission, it becomes repetitive and pretty lame to say the least.

To sum it all up, the game lacks charm, polish & Quality but I'm sure that quite a few people will enjoy. The game is a first for iOS, an open world RPG set in a science fiction world, very cool. And the toggle between first & third person is very neat! Other than that there's not much else good I can say about this game.
01-28-2015, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleySage View Post
It would be a very blunt blog, although I'm sure that handle has already been taken... On the game; very late 2013 graphics, low resolution textures here & there, shadow & lighting issues and Dynamic lighting only in some areas. On the audio aspects, no soundtrack or music to be heard of, which is disappointing as music definitely adds to any Sci-Fi experience, (Imagine Star Wars without John Williams). Also regarding the audio, only some dialogue is voiced, which is disappointing to say the least, especially since characters do initially have a voice but then seem to lose it when the dialogue begins to reveal actual details. From the gameplay perspective, I am disappointed in the crippling controls & weapon aiming yet amazed by the vast open landscape your put into. Honestly, to elaborate some more on the size, it is comparable to borderlands size! But with this huge landscape also comes a mass amount of Fog & Pop-in objects. I figured that with how mediocre the graphics were in game, I'd at least be able to see the Landscape beyond the tightly enclosed wall of fog. To revisit the controls, Shooting a weapon is a daunting task, even more so when Mfi controllers have not been utilized at all. I had to rely on the Auto Aim setting implemented to take down the many "Peace Bots" I encountered. Oh and about the enemies, specifically the bots previously mentioned, a fight with one takes roughly 30 seconds. Not too long for a shoot out but when your faced with 15-20 in a single mission, it becomes repetitive and pretty lame to say the least.

To sum it all up, the game lacks charm, polish & Quality but I'm sure that quite a few people will enjoy. The game is a first for iOS, an open world RPG set in a science fiction world, very cool. And the toggle between first & third person is very neat! Other than that there's not much else good I can say about this game.
No soundtrack and voices? Man, I marry music to video for a living as well as doing quite a bit of voice acting and voice-over work. I would have gladly helped on that front! Seriously.

But I'll be picking it up. I've loved the Ravensword games and Aralon. Great third-person experiences and with a premium price tag. Have to support that. Maybe I can help with the music and voices later.