VetaStudio GameDev Tools

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Vetasoft, May 18, 2011.

1. Vetasoft

Vetasoft Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2010
    #1 Vetasoft, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 28, 2011
    Here is a video of the Vetastudio Physics Engine using Box2d.

Demonstration of how to make an animation with our Game Dev Tools made by Vetasoft.
    (the character is from our upcoming game)

[​IMG]

Edit: I removed all the features from Vetastudio.

Instead, here are some questions:

-What do you use as a game engine?
    -At first sight, what do you think of Vetastudio?
    -What options would you want in a game engine?
    -What do you think of a cross-platform edition (IOS, 3DS, NGP, Android), do you think it's a good idea?

Regards,
    Vetasoft

2. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany

what the purpose then exactly to show it off?

you did this quite some time before (or someone from your company)

and if you are not going to release to the public (to license /buy /whatever)

whats the point?

i mean thats like riq would pop up here and tell us the newest cool features of cocos2d " secret special edition".. which then we could not use anyway because its not going to be offered to other developers ?!

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=57241&highlight=vetastudio

3. Vetasoft

Jul 27, 2010
    #3 Vetasoft, May 19, 2011
    Last edited: May 19, 2011
    why are you so negative mr ugly? and whats the point to show a old topic created 2 years ago?

if you pay attention, we say that we are working on a public version

the purpose here is to show our technology to the dev community and to talk about it

regards.

4. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    why negative? i just ask because you did this some time ago.. long time ago actualy..

i find it pointless to talk about tech noe one has access too except you..

you want to show it off ok.. but for what reason except to show off?

there is no problem with that.. i just ask for the purpose.. because last time it looked like you rahter wanted to offer your guys developement services than rather give out the tools..

again this feels like a repetition and after roughly a year you might want to give out more information than you did last year..

how do you plan to license it, will it be a closed system like game salad and coronasdk, etc. etc.. i mean if you really want to spark interest into your technology i think you can do better than thoose old features you had a year ago already.

and what does it mean "we are working on it"... give out more informations if you want to attract more heads looking your way.. alot more information.. when are you gonne release? tomorrow, a month? next year? what price range will a license be? how does it compare to other free and paid competitors yadda yadda :)

you get my point.. ? you don't talk about it..

5. Vetasoft

Jul 27, 2010
    it's not pointless at all and you seem to be a little arrogant. if you're not interested to talk properly about this dev tools than don't comment, thanks.

6. Vetasoft

Jul 27, 2010
    #6 Vetasoft, May 28, 2011
    Here is a video of the Vetastudio Physics Engine using Box2d.

For answer to Mr Ugly last words:

VetaStudio is constantly under improvement. It's more than 3 years of work and we always wanted to translate all this hard work for a public release but we wanted something good and stable. We share our technology to see some feedback. Yes, we asked this line in our previous thread two years ago "If you are interested to our work and would like to be developed by our services, please contact us". for your interest, we are not financed by a magic tree with magical dollars and what we ask was nothing wrong.

What is the different with coco2D or else, for tell the true, we didn't know because we never used it. We always create our own engine since the beginning.

7. Dizko

Dizko Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2011
    Designer
    Philadelphia
    Looks great, but call me when the public version is ready.

8. Vetasoft

Jul 27, 2010
    #8 Vetasoft, May 28, 2011
    thanks, no prob

---

I just removed the features and drop some questions (see the first post)

Regards,
    Vetasoft

9. jogo

jogo Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    I am a Programmer.
    So the main question for me is, how will I be able to code with your engine. The tools look quite impressive, but if I loose my freedom on code side or it is too complicated to do the things I want, it does not help much.

10. Vetasoft

Jul 27, 2010
    vetastudio generate 1 animation file (with all the animations), and 1 data file (with all the graphics)

after that, it will generate code line.

for the 2nd example with the old yellow character, 1 animation = 1 Line

for example:

VetaAnimation(8,20,50,0,0,255, 0, 2); // Characters

VetaAnimation(the animation number, coord X, coord Y, Flip X, Flip Y, Transparency, command stuff, current tab animation);

so yes, you have all the freedom you want.

we do that because each animation, is like a "sprite" but we can edited independently, change the framerate, the animation, the inside sprite,etc. So yes, freedom of code and more productivity.

our engine is useful for generating level of course, but also for making and editing in realtime fast menu presentation with animation etc.

11. jogo

jogo Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Is that integrable into existing codebases/with other engines or will you need to only rely on yours?
    Will there be Obj-C wrappers/bridges?

12. Nanyko

Nanyko Member

Nov 10, 2009
    iOS game developer, Pocket Oinko babysitter
    Haarlem, The Netherlands
    Cool videos! I love seeing what in-house tools other folks use.

13. Vetasoft

Jul 27, 2010
    You must start from the beginning because vetastudio use is own game structure. It's specially used for the 60 FPS and the animation to make things even easier. ( ex: menu, options, sounds, etc. )

Thanks ;-)