Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 09-28-2013, 08:29 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I did say it was charming... .

I guess I may have overstated my point. From a gameplay perspective, I would put most Kemco JRPGs above Dragon Fantasy, and then there are all the FFs, Chrono Trigger, Lunar, Chaos Rings. DF always struck me as more of a novelty.
I find the Kemco RPGs accomplishing little more than scratching an RPG itch. I played one of their latest ones, something Origin, all of a month ago and found it so forgettable that I can't remember the whole name. The battle system was good, but the deeper nuances of game balance and strategy--to say nothing of the story--I found to be lacking. I could say the same about Dragon Fantasy, but it also manages to capture a NES feel better than most games that try to re-do that and the sense of humor incorporated into the story was nice. If DF had actually came out on the NES, it would have been a hit, whereas I don't think the Kemco games would have stood out on the SNES or PS1.

The other examples you give are superior, but they're the usual suspects.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:28 AM

Hey all! Just saw this thread and I figured I'd fill in the few blanks for you all.

1) yup we took part in what Sony calls their PubFund. They guaranteed us some money in exchange for a limited exclusivity period.

2) we've always said as soon as that's up the game will be coming to iOS - we never wanted to leave out the iOS fans that loved the first game - no exact date on iOS release yet but it's absolutely coming

3) regarding some of the reviews we got...unfortunately a game this large proved a more daunting task to test that we originally anticipated and so people who played the game a certain way ran into issues we weren't aware of - we've also fixed every single one of them we've heard of to date

Those who've interacted with us on twitter, facebook, or these forums will attest to the fact that we care about the people who love our games. We're a small company and sometimes things take longer than we'd like but we definitely get it done.

Also, be on the lookout. The big Dragon Fantasy Book 1 patch is submitting to Apple and should be out on iOS soon!
Old 09-29-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan @ Muteki Corp View Post
Hey all! Just saw this thread and I figured I'd fill in the few blanks for you all.

1) yup we took part in what Sony calls their PubFund. They guaranteed us some money in exchange for a limited exclusivity period.

2) we've always said as soon as that's up the game will be coming to iOS - we never wanted to leave out the iOS fans that loved the first game - no exact date on iOS release yet but it's absolutely coming

3) regarding some of the reviews we got...unfortunately a game this large proved a more daunting task to test that we originally anticipated and so people who played the game a certain way ran into issues we weren't aware of - we've also fixed every single one of them we've heard of to date

Those who've interacted with us on twitter, facebook, or these forums will attest to the fact that we care about the people who love our games. We're a small company and sometimes things take longer than we'd like but we definitely get it done.

Also, be on the lookout. The big Dragon Fantasy Book 1 patch is submitting to Apple and should be out on iOS soon!
Thank you very much

I have a Vita but I wanted this on iPad for a bigger screen and I always have my iPad with me. I may cave and get it on Vita and iPad

Again, your response is greatly appreciated.