GameTron 1000 (Mojo Bones)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MojoBonesLtd, Dec 10, 2012.

1. MojoBonesLtd

MojoBonesLtd Well-Known Member

Hi guys, the Mojo Bones team here.

We just wanted to drop-in and show off our latest project. We've decided to turn to Kickstarter on this one as we're trying something pretty ambitious. We also thought it would be fun to try and involve the gaming community.

Anyway: enough of our blabbin'. Here's the pitch...

If you have any questions, you can read about the project in more detail via our Kickstarter page http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mojobones/gametron-1000 and as always, we'd love to get your feedback.

Thanks for watching,

Mojo Bones.

P.S - Oh, and stay tuned for some news on 'The Curse' real soon ;)

2. D4rgolf

D4rgolf Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2011
    This idea looks great and I really hope it gets backed massively!
    One question I didn't see answered on your Kickstarter-page: After you randomised, played an liked a game, are you able to put it online for others to try as well? I've seen it mentioned that you can tweet about your random games, but it sure would be cool if you could post something like "Hey, I just got a high-score of 9.001 in 'Awesome Kitty Invaders From Outer Space, With Zombie Robots' on my new #GameTron1000! You think you can do better? Follow this link and try!" I think such a feature could enhance the game's social appeal greatly!

P.S.: On your Kickstarter-page, you mentioned locating the game if you got backed more than you needed. I think you could save a great sum of money on this, by having people of the community volunteer as translators. I'm sure there would be lots of people willingly offering their help for free and if you put them into groups of two to five people per language, they coul cross-check each other so you could make
    sure to get high-class translations for free. I myself would then offer my help to do a complete german translation.

Greetings, D4rgolf

3. MojoBonesLtd

MojoBonesLtd Well-Known Member

Hey D4rgolf,

Thanks for the enthusiasm, and glad you liked the concept.

Nice suggestion with the online sharing and it's definitely possible, especially given that it would be an extension to the plans we already heave regarding sending your favourite games to a friend. We'll look into it, and if it doesn't make the initial version, it's something we could always add post-launch.

I think that's key... we really want the GameTron to become something that builds over time. For example: one thing we've been discussing is the idea of a meta game where you earn XP (PixelPoints) for completing games and then use these to unlock rewards, get ranked on a worldwide leaderboard and gamble against friends. It kinda adds an RPG spin to the whole concept and provides more for players who want something other than game-after-game. We have a lot of other ideas that we'd love to incorporate as we go foward.

Your translation skills are appreciated. Send us a PM and we'll try and get something sorted out.

Thanks again,

Mojo Bones