Do you love her?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Hambo12, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    I've been with my girlfriend for almost 8 years. We actually met online (on a gaming site). I'm 27 years old.

First things first, what NOT to do in a relationship (from personal experience):

- Quit worrying if a relationship may or/may not last forever. You'll jinx it. Just go with the flow.

- Jealousy...that can kill a healthy relationship before you even know what happened. So remember to keep that in check. Trust her, if she wants to go out with her friends, don't insist on tagging along (unless invited of course), or try to keep tabs on her when you're not with her.

- Try not to be with each other 110% of the time. In early relationships it's very important coz you're still developing that bond and the trust that will help you grow old together.
    By spending half the day together and half the day separate, you each have new stuff to talk about, new experiences to share, etc. Unlike if you spend all day together, you run out things to talk about very quickly coz you've been sharing everything. Hope that makes sense.

- Don't smother her. Sure, sending adorable texts/emails or calling each other constantly is cute at first. But there's a limit. Try to keep it under so neither of you gets sick of it.

- Respect. Respect each other's feelings, opinions, tastes, etc. Don't put each other down, mock or insult each other either with friends or alone. Don't do things that both aren't comfortable with...(yeah you know what I mean, I was 16 once, I know what goes on in that male brain).

Some of these may sound painfully obvious, but trust me...there come times where your emotions may get the best of you and cause you to react negatively.

As JBRUU said: I know it may sound counter intuitive at your age, but your parents are a perfect example on how to do a relationship right! Don't be afraid to discuss it with them.

Nowadays, I know a lot of teens that want to take the "Live Fast, Die Young" approach to their relationships. Those hardly end well from what I've seen. You want to cultivate a healthy relationship from the beginning, build strong foundations that will last well into your old age.

Once again, I'm not saying you are or aren't doing any of this...I just want to make sure to cover the fundamentals.

Just relax and take it slow. :)

2. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet

Sound so positive, :/ but yeah i see. we do spend alot of time together and maybe that will make her bored of me.. it's like i loved her so much i held her hand said i love you to her and kissed her on the first day of dating :/ my parents are Asian, they don't even want me to have a gf.. and we moved way to fast ... :/

3. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Is it bad that i like touching her butt and body though?
    I feel like im being so perverted.

4. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Nah dude it's fine. Just don't be one of those people who do it in public.

If you think about it too much now, it won't last forever cuz you'll be worrying about it too much. Just let things happen and it will get better.

If you are already bored with her, try and change the things that bore you. And btw the attachment was claimed invalid so you can't see the pic.

5. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    #25 Hambo12, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
    Mmm, you can see in this photo but don't stare to much ^.^ and but were only a month, wouldn't doing all this make out and touching get boring in the future?

image.jpg

i know where your staring, my gf likes to wear tights in school..

6. Forever young, I want to be forever young...
    Do you want to live forever... Forever young!!!

Oh boy, what a good question. I think at your age, it is natural to like touching her butt, it is human nature. Maybe it is a time for the birds and bees talk with your parents or maybe jbruu can instruct you further.

7. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    You can see now man, and mmm go with the flow then. I just want to know if first time relationships can last.

8. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    ^.^ you can see the picture, who wouldn't be tempted to touch it..

9. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Ok but If that's what is interesting you, you have not moved too fast. That stuff happens before people even date. Now if you were moving too fast, might want to talk to the parents first lolol.

10. Yes, great graphical assets in that screenshot. That is for sure.

11. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    My parents don't want me to have a gf or even want to talk about it, there scared we might have sex or something early, i mean i do like to touch her body and stuff but i know not to go that far, we only done small stuff.

12. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Woahhh relax bro. There has to be a balance between the 2 in a relationship. I'm pretty sure she isn't on forums asking for advice so just take it easy :p

13. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Because im insecure about myself.

14. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Hey! First: yeah, as everyone said - take it easy and look where the road takes you.
    Sometimes, your first love is the love of your life, somebody else has several relationships before finding the true love.
    Time will tell, nothing else.

And... uhm... you're at the age where sex becomes a relevant factor. Do what you both like and want to do. There's no wrong. Just take it easy. No pressure, just swim with the flow.

Just remember that your parents will always see you as the little boy. This will never change, not even when you're over 40. I can tell, lol.
    Your parents have to learn that your maturity is approaching fast.
    They should educate you about this stuff instead of trying to forbid. Forbidding things won't help anyway, cause the forbidden fruits always taste better somehow.
    But *sigh*, there might be cultural differences between us.

If you're fine with it, keep going what you're doing. Enjoy the moment instead of wasting your thoughts on what might come.

15. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

She likes/loves you... and she told you or is showing you that she does, right?
    Anymore questions?

16. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Hey, if you want (just a suggestion) just ask her straight up, "Do you want to marry me?" and then everything will be clear dude. I know from previous experiences

17. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Well i always get her stuff, and surprise her with flowers but she haven't given me anything..... Besides her butt lol ...

18. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Alright, let's take it easy with the pictures. This is the lounge, but there are quite a few people here that don't want to see teenage PDA on a gaming forum. Plus, it's best in the interest of your privacy. Facebook would be a much more appropriate medium, guy. Also, let's move the conversation back a bit..

19. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Just remember that gamers are also helpful and compassionate humans. ;)

20. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    That really isn't related to what I said, lol.