Lite games that give you the full experience

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by CassieTheChaoticCupcake, Apr 14, 2010.

1. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

CassieTheChaoticCupcake Well-Known Member

Out of the hundreds of games I've owned for my iPhone, I've noticed something about a few of the games: The lite version is pretty much the complete version. The difference? The lite version has ads or limited ability to customize things such as your name or outfit. I'd like to know how many of these games are out there and which ones are your favorites!

Examples:
    Adrenaline Pool Online Lite - No custom name and male/female player preference but unlimited pool playing and chat feature is available
    Words With Friends FREE - Ads in between moves
    Wooden Labyrinth Lite - Unlimited levels and I haven't found why exactly there is even a lite version
    MLIA Lite - Okay so this isn't a game but it's an app I favor because it's FML's sister app with all the content you could want.
    2 Across LE - Crosswords update weekly from NY Times only
    Solitairel - Original solitaire but no custom card games

Note: This doesn't include freemium like Eliminate or Rolando 2.

2. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    TextFree: Its the full version, but with ads

Lemonade Tycoon: It has ads...but they go away when wifi is off

3. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

Does Textfree text local providers and not just big names like AT&T, Sprint, or Verizon? If so I'll check it out cause I have TextPlus which texts basically anyone I want except people with a regional provider.

4. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    they have a list in the app descrption, but i dont use it. I have it for when my phone is taken away :p

5. therhino

therhino Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    NanoMechs Core, same thing as the full version, the only differences are no NanoMech customization and the main menu (and only the main menu) has a small ad.

6. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    nice thread. one of the first interesting ones in a while. u forgot bout lemonade tycoon--great game except with ads

7. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
  8. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
  9. Videotape

Videotape Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    student, journeyman
    pallet town
    as far as I can tell cliffed

10. Gadm

Gadm Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    TowEr madness zero

11. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    Flaboo Lite has everything except for OpenFeint.
    The Quest Lite is, I believe, the entire original game, minus a few decks of cards at the inn and being incompatible with expansions. It also allows you to transfer your saves to the full version if/when you upgrade.

12. [app]GumDropsLite[/app] is the same as the full version, plus an ad after you finish a game

13. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Jet Car Stunts Lite. :cool:

14. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Lux Touch, if you've either played Lux on your mac or enjoy the game risk. It was one of the first games on my phone and two years later I still play it everyday.
    Aurora Feint 2 Lite and Tower Puzzles in my opinion, does not have the staying power of Lux but are very polished and awesome play. The best in the connect three realm.

15. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
    iBubble Shooter:
    You can't save your game and load it again.

16. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    Archibald's Adventures Lite and Crystal Cave Classic Lite: lots of levels!

17. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Flick Bowling 2 FREE

18. CassieTheChaoticCupcake

I've heard NanoMechs is really overrated and the graphics and game style aren't really my cup of tea. Something about the sideways-view shooters I guess (There was some fancy dancy name but I can't think of it right now lol). I'll give it a try but if I were planning on buying it, I'd need more convincing.

I almost bought The Quest! :) Please do tell me if it's worth giving a shot because it's had a lot of positive buzz. Fill me in on the importance of the cards, though, and expansions seem like a pretty big deal, so let me know the difference please and thanks! ^_^

YES! Flick bowling is amazing! =] Highly suggested to anyone out there who likes bowling, skee ball, etc.

19. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    The card game is just a way to make some gold and have some fun, you can play it against the innkeeper and gamble. In the full version there are three different decks to choose from, but the lite only has one. And yeah, the expansions are pretty huge, but so is the base game. Give the lite version a try and if you like it buy the gold version, it has an option to import saves from the lite. I'd say it's well worth it if you enjoy western RPGs, but it's not everyone's cup of tea.

20. mariano774

mariano774 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    valet hero, same as full version with ads, very nice game also!