Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-12-2013, 06:41 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

So just remembered about this app today when my daughter was watching Spongebob (naturally lol), anyway noticed it's now priced at $3.99. Is this a joke? The game is basically a standard freemium model which released at $1.99, that I could live with, then a day later it hiked to $2.99...getting up there for this type of game model but I was willing to buy it for my kid. Now I see a few days after that the price climbed again to $3.99.

Seems like robbery to me, and Canadian App Store reviews don't seem favorable. Think I'll put this on my watch list and grab it when it hits $0.99 or Free. Good thing I never told her about the game.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:03 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Seriously exploiting children here.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:29 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

So I got this yesterday because I'm a huge Sponge Bob fan. It's not like I thought it would be you can actually earn the jellyfish jelly, it seems to me that Tapped Out takes more IAP to get through then this game, but I guess that's because you actually have to pay for SpongeBob.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:05 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailoso View Post
So I got this yesterday because I'm a huge Sponge Bob fan. It's not like I thought it would be you can actually earn the jellyfish jelly
Not sure what you were trying to say there, but, if you are under the impression you can earn jellyfish, you are mistaken. There is a very finite amount of jellyfish in the game, maybe around 500, or just enough to get Sandy if you never spend it on anything else.

Quote:
it seems to me that Tapped Out takes more IAP to get through then this game, but I guess that's because you actually have to pay for SpongeBob.
You are gullible, no offense. SMI is one of the greediest freemium builders I've ever played, and I've played a lot of them over the past five years (guilty pleasure ). The only thing you paid for was the honor of Viacom's executives laughing hysterically that people are stupid enough to pay $4 for a game without a single distinguishing characteristic from the myriad $0 freemium builders out there.

Further, while there is more total money's worth of IAP in Tapped Out, relatively speaking, you get soooo much more free of charge. It is subjective, but I view SMI as pure, unadulterated corporate evil since there are only 5 named characters of *any* note you get free of additional charge, Mr. Krabs, Spongebob, Squidward, Mermaid Boy, and Patrick (which you have to wait for L29 to unlock). Every other character on the show is pay-only, with Sandy, SpongeBob's other best friend having the highest price of anything in the game.

At the end of the day, if you never put a dime into Tapped Out, you'll still have the vast majority of the show's characters and locations, a huge varied Springfield, and feel like you got something other than aggravated carpal tunnel for all that tapping. Your Bikini Bottom without putting at least an additional $20 spot into it won't even have Sandy Cheeks and Mrs Puff.

It's a callously designed, lazy implementation (1.3GB that could have been fit into 1/5th that space) that after sitting at the top of the paid charts for a solid month hasn't had so much as a token content addition.

Of the three family members, including my self, who started playing it day one (when it was, thankfully, only $2), no one is still playing it, and two of us already deleted it.

The honeymoon period will end, I don't care how big of a fan of the show you are.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:44 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
Not sure what you were trying to say there, but, if you are under the impression you can earn jellyfish, you are mistaken. There is a very finite amount of jellyfish in the game, maybe around 500, or just enough to get Sandy if you never spend it on anything else.

You are gullible, no offense. SMI is one of the greediest freemium builders I've ever played, and I've played a lot of them over the past five years (guilty pleasure ). The only thing you paid for was the honor of Viacom's executives laughing hysterically that people are stupid enough to pay $4 for a game without a single distinguishing characteristic from the myriad $0 freemium builders out there.

Further, while there is more total money's worth of IAP in Tapped Out, relatively speaking, you get soooo much more free of charge. It is subjective, but I view SMI as pure, unadulterated corporate evil since there are only 5 named characters of *any* note you get free of additional charge, Mr. Krabs, Spongebob, Squidward, Mermaid Boy, and Patrick (which you have to wait for L29 to unlock). Every other character on the show is pay-only, with Sandy, SpongeBob's other best friend having the highest price of anything in the game.

At the end of the day, if you never put a dime into Tapped Out, you'll still have the vast majority of the show's characters and locations, a huge varied Springfield, and feel like you got something other than aggravated carpal tunnel for all that tapping. Your Bikini Bottom without putting at least an additional $20 spot into it won't even have Sandy Cheeks and Mrs Puff.

It's a callously designed, lazy implementation (1.3GB that could have been fit into 1/5th that space) that after sitting at the top of the paid charts for a solid month hasn't had so much as a token content addition.

Of the three family members, including my self, who started playing it day one (when it was, thankfully, only $2), no one is still playing it, and two of us already deleted it.

The honeymoon period will end, I don't care how big of a fan of the show you are.
Your right about the honeymoon period, it did end lol I went back to Tapped Out and started Archie's Game.