Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-18-2014, 07:16 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Double Swipe

I guess this is the time to announce the release of my new game. I decided to call it Double Swipe, and it should be available on the App Store any minute now.

I'm a web developer and I released my first game about a month and a half ago. I began working on Double Swipe almost immediately after my first game had been accepted by Apple, and I can finally let others try it.

I decided to go with a $0.99 game instead of one filled with ads just to see how that works for me. Therefore I should provide some promo codes, right? Well, here you go!

NRJ96X6XMH4R
6Y966W4A77PK
PEP6HFHH4YER
WFXF6PE9Y3NA
E6TX3A96REW3

I'd appreciate any kind of feedback! But go easy on me, I've just started.

And this is the teaser video I created a while back. Should update this soon, but it'll do for now.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 03-18-2014, 07:26 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Redeemed E6TX3A96REW3, will post impressions later
Old 03-18-2014, 07:48 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

NRJ96X6XMH4R taken...

thanks a lot!
Old 03-19-2014, 04:36 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

PEP6HFHH4YER thanks
One above already redeemed too.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:12 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

All promo codes gone. Please post impressions of the game though as thats the point of promotional codes

Feel free to buy it, its only 99c !
Old 03-19-2014, 07:02 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Ok I've had a bit of time to play, I've gotten up to level 1-5
The screen is split I to two, each side contains a course in which you much guide a block to the finish line, it starts off nice and gentle with both sections more or less the same but each course becomes more complex and you have to study both sides, you can have a velar path on one section but be heading straight for a wall in the other. It's probably best if you plan your moves for a few seconds before starting the level. You have a swipe count so there's plenty of replay ability to reduce the count for each level.
I like the sound effects and I really like the idea but sometimes my swipes are not registering,which has resulted in crashing, so have to kind of remind myself to swipe harder which doesn't feel very intuitive. I'll be interested to hear what the others say as it could just be me not swiping correctly.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:22 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Yeah, this game is hard as hell. I'm only on 1-6 and it's really really challenging. It's not hard in the same way that Super Hexagon and other twitch games are, but instead puts your focus and reactions to the test. The goal is to navigate increasingly complex mazes to reach the exit without hitting the walls; not that hard on its own, but the Double Swipe adds a new dimension by having you control two squares at once, navigating two mazes at once, while your swipes affect both simultaneously. Successfully maneuvering the squares through the levels is very hard, as you need to watch and react to two different levels at the same time.

I do agree with cloudpuff. There have been a few instances when my swipes wouldn't register. Personally levels are short enough and you restart fast enough that it doesn't feel like that big of an issue, but hopefully it's an issue that can be fixed in future updates

Tons of levels, tons of challenge, simple but effective visuals, Double Swipe is definitely worth playing
Old 03-19-2014, 06:14 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Thank you guys for the feedback! I really appreciate you trying out my game!

As for the swiping problem, others have reported the same thing. I'll look into it, and do some further testing with multiple devices.

Again, thank you!