Universal BIT.TRIP RUN! - (by Gaijin Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Downloaded the new update, love the new control options, also notice a much better response time with the new controls. Running IOS 7, no problems playing the game.

2. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    The new update eliminated the lag in the controls. Personally, I'm finding BtR to be the better game now that the controls are fixed. Though Rayman is excellent as well.

3. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Sheesh, the game was working perfectly for me... Now after the update it is laggy and I die constantly for missed tap responses. Aurgh, seriously?

ps. I will strangle anyone who says I need to switch to tap zone controls.

4. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #244 Matt33, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
    Just bought it after the update and love it. I perfected the first world on Easy, and am wondering how there are scores higher than mine. I've got a perfect+ on every level, and I went through every difficult route when given the choice.

EDIT: Now I see that dancing earns you points during a level. Eh, think I'll just stick to perfecting and earning achieves.

I encountered lagging on my ipod 5 with the latest ios version, which detracted from the experience quite a bit at times, and resulted in 5 crashes over maybe a 2 hour period.

5. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    great update. the button controls work perfectly! now i feel like i actually have this game on my phone

6. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    That comment was made prior to the update

7. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    still hella laggy on my iPad Mini. Plus achievements did not sync at all. I got perfects in all 3 worlds for naught :(

8. MARl0

MARl0 Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Any word yet on whether or not the game runs at 60fps? I've got an iPad Air and an iPhone 5. If it runs at 60fps on the iPad Air, that would be enough for me to take the plunge and buy the game.

9. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    The new controls are great.
    Thanks.
    Updating rating to 5-Stars here and App Store.

10. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    This. Time for hard mode finally.

11. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    This. Time to finally ace the original Bit Trip, old-school levels.

12. parabola_master

parabola_master Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    This game is an absolute joy. There is something beautiful about playing the retro levels on my iPhone--it's handheld gaming bliss.

Some comments:
    -I know this is a port, but why not add some skins for the retro levels so that each world's is different? Changing the green to blue for the second world seems fitting, for example. This is more of a nitpick--those retro levels are still my favorite part of the game :)

-An even smaller nitpick, but since you can't dance in the retro levels, you can remove the indicator for the dance tap zone

-Thanks to the new controls, I think you can make levels harder. For example: maybe Hard should remove the auto-jumping in stairs? I mean, you already have to jump through stairs in the retro levels, so why not in normal gameplay? Maybe you can also remove the "auto" from those autojump panels that make you jump really far up.

-Sliding. I'm not sure how it worked in the original game, but here the character slides for like a second and gets up. Why can't you continue holding the slide tap zone to continue sliding? I'm guessing this is because this would be hard to implement with the other controls? I say get rid of them :)

And... that's it! I have nothing but positive things to say about this game :) It's addictive, creative, beautiful, and the music is amazing (the best from the Bit.Trip saga by far). I can't wait for the next two worlds (pls bring them soon!)

13. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Is anyone else's gold disaapearing every once and awhile? I can't seem to unlock more levels because it just keeps emptying out my balence

14. I gotta try out the new controls, nearly forgot about this.

15. scrotally

scrotally Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    #255 scrotally, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
    What are the hidden achievements? Anyone,anyone?
    ...nevermind I got em' all.

16. E5cape

E5cape New Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Awesome game! Bought it and completed all the levels. Pretty hard sometimes, but i guess that's the best runner on this platform.

17. scrotally

scrotally Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    When will the 4th and 5th worlds be added and why are there achievements associated with completing them if they don't even exist yet.

18. Greatgoat

Greatgoat Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    This gane is awesome! The game can be very difficult but you just wont give up and try many tines!

and about the last two stages, the 4th and the 5th, do we have to wait for the update? been waiting like forever..

19. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Finally got around to picking this up, what a surprise it's on sale for a buck! I never played the original, but this looks fantastic and all the rave reviews...it's time to run :D

20. audiotaku

audiotaku Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Starting to wish the dev would spend as much time working on the two missing worlds as they do fiddling with the price of this game.