Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 04-26-2014, 11:47 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Always helps to have some luck...

Hi guys,

I've seen many a thread with Marketing in the title, I.e how do I market my game etc. Typically I see responses such as contacting review sites and publish it on twitter etc, promo competitions. I also see some people say te App Store is not a gold mine anymore, where you can just put an app on the store and it gets noticed.

Not true. Maybe last week I would have agreed. However last Sunday night, after a month of maybe 20 downloads a day for my social networking app, I noticed on my database that I had 500 new people within half a day! I didn't believe my eyes. The next day, thinking if just confused the original number, I expected it to just die down. I was wrong. The next day I was getting 500 downloads an hour. By the end of the day my app was number 1 in both the overall and category chart in a decent country (not a Turks and Caicos). I've been at number one for 5 days, beating the best in the world, whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, snapchat and twitter. And how did i do it?

Luck.

I did no marketing for the past few months, it was futile anyway. It got me the odd 100 users but it was small scale. It was a bit of luck that got that first 500 and then bang.

So for you indies that haven't had your moment, don't lose faith. I never thought it would happen to me but the days of gold mine are not over. I've had more users and downloads than I can believe and I'm still number 1 in the world.

Anyway guys, just don't lose faith. Make something you are proud of and have a deep faith in god.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:19 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Link to your app?