Rumour I Heard: Goldeneye Port For iOS

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Gryphon, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    I was checking out the wii u games at the store yesterday and talked with one of the employees who mentioned that he heard a port of the original version of the game goldeneye 007 is coming to iOS but I hadn't heard anything like that before. Has anyone here heard anything about it?

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    If you went to GameStop I doubt its true but hey this is the end of the world

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Now that Minigore Zombies is out, I'll believe anything ;).

4. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    I didn't hear it at gamestop and the world isnt ending on the 21st.

5. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Try telling the Mayans that...they'd have you beat with pitchforks and what-not!

6. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    #6 Gryphon, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
    Okay, listen. The Mayans themselves NEVER predicted the end of the world. Its the end of the long calendar.

The oldest mayan calendar in existence was found a little while ago and goes on for several thousand more years.

The 2012 phenomenon emerged out of the counter culture and hippie movement in the 70's and numerous actual mayan scholars and modern day mayans who are historians of their culture say that there is no Mayan apocalypse. Its all bull.

7. If we can get back onto the topic now, if this game were to release on iOS, it would have to go through Nintendo at least. If it is also brng ported by the Rare team at Microsoft, they would also have to go through Microsoft. Also, the game series is developed by Activision, so that's not company in it's way....to be perfectly honest, it probably won't come onto iOS

Would be awesome to have that multiplayer right in your pocket though

8. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Did'nt the recent remake not need to go through rare or nintendo when the deluxe version of the remake was on PS3 and XBox?

9. No, as it was a conpletely brand new game made for those consoles

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Isn't goldeneye that old card game they made for consoles?

11. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Don't tell me you don't know 007: Goldeneye for the N64...

12. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Oh, damn.

It would have been cool.

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    'twas a joke.

14. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    You know, it's a bit difficult to get any joke on the Internet.

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #15 JBRUU, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
    So I've learned. I thought the statement was too ridiculous to be taken seriously, but I guess the Internet hampers sarcasm far more than I thought.

Soo...is there any article to back these allegations up? A Goldeneye port on iOS would be pretty sweet.

16. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    Finally somebody who knows what they're talking about lol. The Mayans never predicted the end of the World, it's the end of a 52 year cycle and the beginning of a new one.

And back on topic, screw golden eye, port over Perfect Dark please!

17. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    It frustrates me to see this stupid belief get pushed so much.

On subject. Both perfect dark and goldeneye are good, whichever has the most chance of showing up in the app store one day is what I want.

18. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Let's say for one brief and insane moment that either Goldeneye N64 or Perfect Dark might be released for iOS.

You want them to port a game that uses a single stick, to a device that struggles to emulate twin stick controls?

People need to wise up. I loved Goldeneye and Perfect Dark more so, but you need to stop looking at it through Nostalgia Blinkers. It would not work, and would in fact become a detriment to the game's memory.

19. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #19 Vovin, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012

Yes, the Mayans didn’t predict anything. They just ended their freaking calendar. Not the world ends, the calendar restarts.
    And it wasn't 2012. Somebody made a mistake while translating the calendar. The error was made when the calendar was translated into Greenwich mean time. New research has revealed that the calendar was out by two centuries. Which means humanity has another 200 years to ponder the prediction. Means 200 new iPhones until whatever.

20. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    After seeing "Skyfall", and being so immersed in that whole James Bond vibe and reminiscing about the good old days of playing Goldeneye on the N64, it actually ocourred to me that this is a game deserving of an iOS port. I even loaded up some YouTube clips just to revisit some of my favorite levels and wallow in nostalgia for a bit.
    Sadly, like you guys said, it will probably never happen, due to Rare and Nintendo owning the rights to the game. However, it'd make my year if this did turn out to happen...