Minigore Survival Guide!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Paulindahouse, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Paulindahouse

Paulindahouse Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    How to survive in the HardLand Forest!
    To survive in the HardLand forest for a while, you will need to follow these details!

* Stay away from edges and ESPECIALLY corners, because you will get trapped in those parts.
    * Run around the whole entire map in a clockwise or counter-clockwise circle, some furries from behind you will get in front of you and you will be able to kill them easier.
    * When the WormWolf(ves) come, be sure to destroy every segment of the WormWolf(ves) before they regenerate and jump you!
    * Try to find a character that you are "good" with, like your favorite character. I personally almost always choose Jerry Gore, idk why, but he always has me get high scores like 16200!
    * When you get the grenade launcher or the shotgun, try to catch the furries when they are in increasing level of crowds. That will take out more at a time through each shoot. And remember, you only have a limited supply of grenades/shells!

* During beast mode, use every second you limitedly have while a 'monster'. You should gang up on lots of furries at a time. When you see on the top left corner of the screen that you only have one clover left, start to stray away from the furries, because if you don't then they will take a life away from you when you turn back human/bear.

So do you think YOU know how to survive in the HardLand forest now?
    Please leave positive feedback, tank yu!
    Jerry Gore's Beast Mode

[​IMG]

2. ktfright

ktfright Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
  3. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Some more help:

- Beast mode and Grenade Launcher kill any part of a WW in 1 hit (no matter the WW size), so it is smart/best to have a grenade launcher/3rd clover when that time comes.

- If you don't get your torch out, no extra furry catches on fire... how to prevent you from drawing the torch? Beast mode, you just need to have a decent ammount of clovers and a high lvl beast to pull it off.

- Shouldn't need to say this but always shot the furries in front of you 1st (as in, the ones on your way), even though when you get used to the game you can also dodge them to get them into the mass.

- Grenade Launchers are AWFUL for close range encounters, shotgun/normal gun are waaaaay better, so avoid grabbing one unless you have the space to manouver or against WW.

- If you get an extra clover while in Beast mode, it refills your timer.

- When your beast mode timer is close to end, not only should you get away but also start doing the pattern (clockwise or counterclockwise), so that you get rid easier of stuff in your way.

4. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    the people that are top 20 on the leaderboards need to make a video so we can see how they play! I want more kills :D

5. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    The dev of bees nutz did a while back, it's in this forum somewhere

6. UndeadZed

UndeadZed Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    yea but it used an exploit no longer found in the game

7. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    hey i have a question, how does the weapon upgrading process work cause they seem kinda random.

8. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Manchester, England
    I agree thoroughly!
    Also, it's nice to note:
    if you want to unlock a high ranked character like Sensei Evan, avoid unlocking the characters on the way as it reduces your kill total.

9. mobileben

mobileben Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Zgrunturos and San Francisco
    Do the characters make a difference? I'm still crappy at the game, but I'm holding out for Enviro-Bear right now (only need a mere 15K more kills).

Also a pretty dumb question ... but is there anything like health power-ups in the game?

10. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Any way to earn kills faster? I turn it up to Insane mode, but it's still going to take forever to unlock Enviro-Bear and Sensei Evan (if I ever get that far)

11. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Not true afaik. There is still a spawn limit, so slow killing is still helpful. The % of fire furies is obviously reset after the night, so the exploit aspect of it is much diminished, but killing more slowly is still good advice.

The video still has much wisdom, even if parts of it are out of date. For example, I dont see any reason to avoid the shotgun anymore, since they made it so much better. I wouldnt use the grenade launcher for anything but the night-time part of the cycle though. And the advice about not letting beast mode get you killed is still very good. I believe the pattern of movement advice is still good as well.

By contast the OP has some bad advice, like try to use the shotgun and grenade launcher to kill massive numbers, since more dead furies = more respawns

12. double00asian

double00asian Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    i have this little technique.
    play insane mode for a while then switch to normal mode this way u can kill of the furries without worrying about more coming.

13. Khamous

Aug 15, 2009
    Normal Mode: Weapons start at level 1
    Expert Mode: Weapons start at level 3
    Insane Mode: Weapons start at level 5

A weapon increases its lvl as you grab a box of that same weapon. I.e., If you're on normal mode and grab the shotgun, it you get lvl 1, next time you get another shotgun (in that same game) it gets to lvl 2, and so on. The upgrading progress resets each time you lose.

No, all the characters play exactly the same. And no, no health power ups, 3 hits = death and try again.

Faster you kill = faster they respawn, but also harder to control so is harder to survive longer, also... the most points you have, the "harder" it gets, as in, the more fire furries it spawns, making the killing faster.

14. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Seems like a good place to ask... why did I just unlock Insane Mode at 3666 points?

15. Khamous

Aug 15, 2009
    Apparently Timo toned down the difficulty of the unlocking of the new difficulties (I know, redundant, bear with me) and now you need to have 6000 accumulated points (as in, the sum of all your games must be >= 6000) and is no longer a 6000 in 1 game to unlock.

If you ask me, baad decision, because if you can't manage to get to 6000 from 0 or from 2000, don't expect to survive much..

16. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    That would explain it. On my first try on Insane mode I got about 7500... considering it starts at 6000 I don't think it's terribly impressive. Nice to get a chance to try out the higher level weapons though.

17. sk3pt1c

sk3pt1c New Member

Jan 4, 2010
    can someone please tell me what the deal is with some highscores i saw on openfeint in the order of hundreds of thousands and so on?
    best i've got was 40something thousand... i don't pretend to be the best at this, but those scores are stupid! :)

18. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i beg to differ

i unlocked insane mode and i can almost always get scores of over 10000.

but i still cant get 6000 points from hard...

19. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    hi, on another forum i read they are using cheats to alter the score on minigore. anything that loooks crazy high. i would just ignore it. ] ( i have no proof if this is true or not. but something to keep in the back of your mind.)

i always die about 8k. no matter if i start from 0, or 6k.. i guess i get bored at 8k. lol

chris.

20. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Doesnt it stop getting harder? I've only gotten 19.8k (in 3, not 3.5), but they were all fire furies at that point, so if you got 40k, you did 20k of max difficulty, right? How much difference is there really between doing 20 and 80k at max difficulty?

The only real difference between 14-15k and 20k is concentration and focus. It does get harder over this interval, but the same strategies work, just with less margin for error.