Universal Starborn Anarkist - (by ZeMind Game Studio Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Dec 7, 2013.

1. ZeMindGames

ZeMindGames Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2013
    ZeMind Game Studio
    Toronto, Canada
    Glad you're enjoying it! Just about finished the first update with some much needed bug fixes and a bit of new content. You'll be happy to know there's also an alternative way to unlock the Friend Ship that doesn't require facebook. Sadly small studios like us don't have much of an advertising budget, so a large percentage of our downloads come through social sharing like facebook. But hey, if you guys keep spreading the word to your friends, maybe we can do away with it completely. :)

2. Wilbair

Wilbair Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    I really like this game. Looking forward to the update!

3. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Unfortunately, I can't tell my friends to buy this game because it is too hardcore for them to appreciate. You have designed a game for gamers, the average shmoe would clumsily attempt to fly a ship and start sobbing openly when a task force politely knocks on their door and asks them to hand over their nerd credentials for immediate destruction. This is an elite game for elite gamers, a price you pay for aiming for the stars.

I bought the coin doubler even though it wasn't needed in the slightest, I have no idea what your sales ended up being like but even if it means selling your children to organ harvesters in orders to keep the lights on we need a sequel to this game BAD. Even though I have wrought wholesale destruction against the Empire I still feel as though my thirst for mindless vengeance has only begun to be quenched. Perhaps a sequel could offer a thin storyline of progression towards bigger and badder enemies in a quest to wipe out The Man once and for all.

4. Justchillin2

Justchillin2 New Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Love this game. Been playing nonstop on the subway. I now have all layouts and have played at least once with each one but for some reason the anarkist layout wont unlock. Any help would be much appreciated!

5. JohnnyPark

JohnnyPark New Member

Apr 11, 2013
    I don't get it. It's like any arcade/shooter game I played back in arcades back in the 80s. I mean, it's good and it's fun but it's just not all THAT.

6. ZeMindGames

Dec 9, 2013
    ZeMind Game Studio
    Toronto, Canada
    That achievement currently checks that you've died once in each ship, so if you instead quit part way through a game, it might not have counted (we're looking to change that). Others have had success by just quickly starting a game in each ship and immediately pausing/ejecting.

7. JahkanTaka

JahkanTaka Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Will this run on a 4th gen touch?

Saw the game on the TouchArcade Twitch stream and it definitely looks like a game I would love.

8. Alrikster

Alrikster Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    How is the update going?

9. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    I'm glad I asked Eli to play this on Twitch the other day so more people can experience the awesomeness!

ZeMind, I am having trouble unlocking the spin gun. I've played on at least two layouts with one of each gravity gun attached but it hasn't unlocked.

I also might have an issue with the antimissile gun. I swear I've destroyed more than 100 missiles more than a couple times but that hasn't unlocked either.

I also won't get a chance to unlock the Anarkist layout since I'm not on Facebook. That feels kinda lame.

10. Alrikster

Alrikster Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Both achievements are currently bugged. Should get fixed wih the next update, but no eta on that yet, apparently.

11. CzechCongo

Jul 17, 2013
    Yeah, since I posted I went back and read the 30 pages of comments. Too bad about the bugs.

12. ZeMindGames

Dec 9, 2013
    ZeMind Game Studio
    Toronto, Canada
    Sorry guys, we hit a delay with the update, but I swear it's ALMOST done. There will also be an alternate way to unlock the friend ship. I feel terrible that we've been essentially punishing facebook haters instead of praising them.

13. galfridus

galfridus Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 5, 2014
    I am really looking forward to an update and will definitely get back into this game when it hits. At the moment I'm waiting on being able to get the bugged achievements, and hoping that some of the rebalancing makes different stuff more usable.

At the same time, this is a good example of why people get cynical about "coming soon!" release statements. I know that stuff happens and even the best plans go awry, but 3 months delay for a game that got this much attention?

14. ZeMindGames

Dec 9, 2013
    ZeMind Game Studio
    Toronto, Canada
    Indeed, there's definitely egg all over my face.

I'll make no more statements of imminent wonderfulness until there's actually an update available. Maybe we should rename this update "Starborn Anarkist Forever..."

15. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    What exactly is the update going to include? I've forgotten

16. CzechCongo

Jul 17, 2013
    I don't remember anything except bug fixes and balancing. Not sure if any content...maybe new achievements?

17. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Alright thanks

18. ZeMindGames

Dec 9, 2013
    ZeMind Game Studio
    Toronto, Canada
    Leaderboards, balancing, new control options, some new content/achievements, fixes for the broken achievements, more accurate stats in garage, alternate way to unlock Friend Ship, bosses aren't as easy to kill with missiles, new enemies, 'show description' bug fix in garage.... and a bunch more i'm probably forgetting.

19. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    :O

Is it getting close?

20. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Anything more news? Not to be rude, but why is stuff that seems relatively minor (relative to say, new content or game mode) taking so long?