Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-13-2013, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bool Zero View Post
Lost my sale with no single player mode against A.I.. I am just not into multiplayer only boardgame apps.

You're missing out. It's a pretty cool game and I can't imagine ever wishing for less than adequate single player when the multiplayer is very good!
Old 06-13-2013, 09:52 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

I agree-I'd buy it, but now I'm really not sure if I can learn it since it seems the only way to do that is to play others online...is there a well-done tutorial at least?
Old 06-13-2013, 11:52 AM

The tutorial is good enough to get started, after all that's how I've managed. Bear in mind it is a little bit of a brain burner so it will challenge you! The use of the dice help keep it from being too much of a stress though, and they keep it fun when there's varying levels of ability playing.

I suggested to the Developer, who's a regular at BGG, that he add in more information to the gaming board re special abilities and rules of the pieces and elements and he's going to do just this in an update!

Get on board! At 69p, it's hardly a huge gamble.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:54 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
Get on board! At 69p, it's hardly a huge gamble.
Well, without a solo mode it certainly isn't a gamble, but a most definite "no". :P
Old 06-13-2013, 12:12 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
The developer has confirmed over on BGG that there is no single-player option, honestly admitting that programming a competent AI is simply beyond his capabilities.
Hi there, here's the honest programmer who doesn't know to program good AIs

However if you bring me 1000 friends I promise I will start tonight!

Seriously speaking I posted my reasons about that it is a matter of Investment-Reurn, well and also I will probably not be capable because the reasons I explained.

It is a pitty you don't give it a try, however if you like boardgames I have uploaded a Print&Play version for it.

Regards
Old 06-13-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Well, without a solo mode it certainly isn't a gamble, but a most definite "no". :P
I guess it depends on where you heart lies. I'm solely a multiplayer person as solo play for me generally offers little challenge in the long term. Multiplayer is where it's at and with the internet and an iPad it's never too far away.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:27 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
I agree-I'd buy it, but now I'm really not sure if I can learn it since it seems the only way to do that is to play others online...is there a well-done tutorial at least?
There is a tutorial of course. I don't think learning the game will take you a lot of effort, and after that it is a matter of playing. The good thing is that I've created a ranking in a way that it gives you more points if your opponent has more points than you then climbing up to the high scores is faster.

If you finally decide yourself my nickname is drjimmy75.

Bye!
Old 06-13-2013, 12:31 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
I guess it depends on where you heart lies. I'm solely a multiplayer person as solo play for me generally offers little challenge in the long term. Multiplayer is where it's at and with the internet and an iPad it's never too far away.
There are more dead multiplayer communities than live ones. Without a solo mode any given multiplayer-only game slides towards uselessness over time, and does so faster if it was rather obscure in the first place.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:16 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
There are more dead multiplayer communities than live ones. Without a solo mode any given multiplayer-only game slides towards uselessness over time, and does so faster if it was rather obscure in the first place.
That is obvious: there are as many "single player" communities as single players so there are only multilayer communities dead.

whatever, this game is definitely not for you...

Last edited by dr_jimmy; 06-13-2013 at 02:16 PM..
Old 06-14-2013, 05:31 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Please, read this

Hy again,

First I just want to excuse if I was very rude, I'm not very used to participate in a English speaking forum. I entered in a rush without paying many attention to my words.

Said that, please let me say that Elemental Strife is an Indie work, far away from big productions with a very limited budget.

The idea is to create a mini community of players for a game I created that I like very much and have some fun with it. And who knows, if we reach critical mass, perhaps a big company could gain interest and fund or remake it with AI, proffessional graphic designers and so on...

Thank you guys for your interest.