I need help picking an Extenal Batttery

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by iKoda, Dec 24, 2008.

1. iKoda

iKoda Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Student
    #1 iKoda, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
    Hey, I've been looking at External Batteries for my iTouch yesterday and today. I've seen a few nice ones every now and then but they're pricey.

I saw the Mophie Juice pack, but it's $100. I like how it lets you listen to music while you charge, most external batteries don't do that.

I also saw this one (http://tinyurl.com/ipotch)called the Dream wireless, it's nice and cheap. Downside is you can't plug in your headphones while charging. Gives 45% of extra battery life.

I've seen the (http://tinyurl.com/richsolo) Richard Solo 1200. There's 2 newer versions but I think it's stupid to waste space to add a flash light. The newest version has a Flash light and a laser pointer. Anyways, $50 is a lot. Again you can't plug your headphones in which sucks. I don't know how much extra hours you can get off this.

This was seems pretty nice (http://tinyurl.com/3bl46z) The size is pretty much as big as the iTouch which is okay... It gives about 40 Hours of extra time. I don't know if it's rechargeable... Is it? $41.40 is kinda pricey. I like how you can access your headphones.

Any of you see any other External Batteries that you would recommend?

Or if you can add extra details on how long the Richard Solo and the unnamed one can charge that would be great.

2. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    i have the mophie and it is great. It goes on the back like this:[​IMG]
    As opposed to sticking out like this:[​IMG]

I like that because then it fits in my pocket nicely and i dont have a fear of it breaking off. It looks cool and adds some heft to the phone which i like. It is kind of heavy duty and it can double as a great case. I can get about 6-8 hours of extra battery life, unless i play battery-draining games.

3. iKoda

iKoda Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Student
    $100 is alot of money out of my pocket. :S

4. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I would love to get a Mophie. But the benefit isn't enough. I would rather them add more bulk and get atleast 20 hours out of it. That would be a great purchase.

5. iKoda

iKoda Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Student
  6. iKoda

iKoda Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Student
    Man, you can't get that in Canada. D:

7. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    eBay?

8. iKoda

iKoda Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Student
    Checked. No Dice.

I did find this store though. they sell it for $59 with all the shipping.

9. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I would say it's worth it. Anything that gets an A rating from iLounge is usually a top notch product.

Just think of how many times you'd use it in the future. Looks like an awesome thing for car trips