Sneek peek of my upcoming breakout clone

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by pixelelement, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Here's a sneak peek of my upcoming ios game. The game will be in the Apple App Store hopefully very soon. The game is a breakout clone, but I'm trying to include new features to make it somehow a little different and unique. It's my first game so will see how it turns out. Any feedback will be appreciated

Follow me on Twitter/FaceBook to stay updated. Please let me know what you think.
    Follow on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/PixelelementCom
    Follow on FaceBook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/PixelElement/261577454405

2. AOR

AOR Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Independent game developer
    San Francisco
    What are the new features you're planning on implementing? So far I'm liking the different levels, looks fun. I like the Jezzball (Am I the only one that remembers that game?) sort of effects when you hit the bricks and the flame on the ball. You could go crazy with different sort of powerups that people who've played Breakout and Arkanoid would be surprised to see. Maybe a powerup puts a paddle on the top of the game board that you control along with the one on the bottom. Maybe you can add Boulder Dash style mechanics where there are boulders trapped between the bricks so when you destroy the bricks around them the boulders fall and become obstacles, etcetera

There's lots of cool ways you could go with a Breakout clone.

3. 306Designs

306Designs Active Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I used to love Jezzball back for Windows 98. And best of luck on the Breakout clone, I haven't found one thats comparable to BrickBreaker for the Blackberry yet.

4. Hello guys, I created a free version of my game, it's called "PixelBall Halloween" and contains a free level to celebrate Halloween. Here is a screen shot of the main screen:
    [​IMG]
    Please try it out and let me know if you were able to finish the level, I'm trying to figure out if I should make the ball slower.
    Here is the app store link:
    itunes.apple.com/us/app/pixelball-halloween/id472823765?ls=1&mt=8

The full version of the game is not in the app store yet, but I'm working hard to try to finish it around Nov 22.

@AOR and @306Designs thanks for your comments and ideas, I really appreciate them.

Thanks everybody and have fun.