★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pharaoh - Solitaire Deckbuilder (Need Beta Testers)

08-02-2016, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Just wanted to say I really appreciate the thought and consideration you are giving feedback while staying true to what is clearly a clear vision of what you want the game to be. Really encouraging.
Thanks! I appreciate that. It's kind of a passion project, so that's good to hear.
08-02-2016, 05:36 PM
This game is difficult and seems pretty deep, I think I'm only scratching the surface.

Tried a few games ignoring the quarry and focusing on other card paths. With the idea that I'll improve my deck before messing with those cards.

Best game so far is year 12 with a couple extra niles and a scribe added to my deck.

Edit: just married my queen. So cool!

Last edited by Armadi; 08-02-2016 at 06:04 PM.

08-02-2016, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadi View Post
This game is difficult and seems pretty deep, I think I'm only scratching the surface.

Tried a few games ignoring the quarry and focusing on other card paths. With the idea that I'll improve my deck before messing with those cards.

Best game so far is year 12 with a couple extra niles and a scribe added to my deck.

Edit: just married my queen. So cool!
Ha! Nice. Sounds like you're progressing well.
08-02-2016, 10:28 PM
Coins you collect are not supposed to carry over each draw? It seems like you would get to keep the ones you collect....
After reading the comments on this board unrealized how bad I am at strategy games sometimes...I can't get past year 4.
08-03-2016, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
Coins you collect are not supposed to carry over each draw? It seems like you would get to keep the ones you collect....
After reading the comments on this board unrealized how bad I am at strategy games sometimes...I can't get past year 4.
No, it works similar to games like Dominion and Legendary, where the coins you draw in a hand are the resources you have to spend for that hand. Reign is the currency that endures between hands.

However, there just might be a way that does let you keep some of that currency between hands. Maybe when you take a Queen, she can give you an idea of how to add longevity to your empire's wealth...
08-03-2016, 06:12 PM
This game is brutally hard.

Vector- I would suggest not getting cards from the quarry til you get a better handle on just surviving.

My current early strategy is:

year 1, try to get an extra reign card and a farmer from the 2 farmers in the starting deck.
year 2- try to buy all 3 available cards from farmers (coin, extra farmer, reign)
year 3- try to pick up an upgraded gold card from merchant
-- as far as other stuff to do, you can go in many different directions you might want more farmers, you definitely want to keep adding reign to your deck but it isn't dire
year 4 and beyond- all the priest options are great, except you may want to hold off on having a more upgraded gold supply before adding too many double reigns to deck

Edit: but I'm still exploring the game, there are a lot of cards I don't know how to unlock yet. I have a feeling the quarry is key to advancing in the game... but balancing the quarry cards with cards that give gold/reign is really difficult.

Last edited by Armadi; 08-03-2016 at 10:35 PM.
08-03-2016, 11:03 PM
I find myself getting quite addicted to this game.
It's s great idea!

I understand why not, but I am still holding out hope for a portrait option.
08-03-2016, 11:17 PM
I just built a temple! so cool. Ignore my advice about ignoring the quarry.
08-04-2016, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
I find myself getting quite addicted to this game.
It's s great idea!

I understand why not, but I am still holding out hope for a portrait option.
I am jazzed to hear that you're enjoying the game! Glad you like it. I should be getting a new build out to you guys this weekend.
08-04-2016, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadi View Post
I just built a temple! so cool. Ignore my advice about ignoring the quarry.
Heh. Yeah, I had another play tester tell me that he couldn't get anywhere, and that the quarry was useless.

I'm working on some messaging in the next version which will hopefully help with this disconnect for players.