★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[Testflight BETA] the Sequence [2] - programming puzzle

02-12-2018, 05:50 AM
#11
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaspalone View Post
By replaying theSequence again, in preparation for the sequel, i've remembered something, and i hope you "fix it" for the upcoming game: the game needs BADLY a way to store more than one solution for each level.

Lemme explain: by playing the sandbox levels, i noticed that i could solve a level in multiple ways, and that holds true for the regular levels. The thing is, it'd be great to be able to store your best solutions, be it automatically or the way "Human Resource Machine" or "Perfect Paths" does, by selecting a new solution tab and working your magic there.

I think it'd be a great addition and improvement over the prequel.

Just my 2 cents.
I understand what you're talking about. I'll add this feature to the game.
02-12-2018, 08:13 AM
#12
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManBand View Post
I understand what you're talking about. I'll add this feature to the game.
Nice!, thanks.

Also, a scoring system would be great. I'm thinking something like you get a better score the less pieces you use in your solution (if there is a chance for it), and a separate score for how fast it executes. again, much like "HRM", "Perfect Paths" or "Spache Chem" used to do it. This would give the game a competitive room... and we love to compete among ourselves... trying to find the most elegant or faster (efficient) solution.

02-12-2018, 08:26 AM
#13
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaspalone View Post
Nice!, thanks.

Also, a scoring system would be great. I'm thinking something like you get a better score the less pieces you use in your solution (if there is a chance for it), and a separate score for how fast it executes. again, much like "HRM", "Perfect Paths" or "Spache Chem" used to do it. This would give the game a competitive room... and we love to compete among ourselves... trying to find the most elegant or faster (efficient) solution.
I'm still polishing code but Scoring system, leaderboard and iCloud saves is in place already

Last edited by OneManBand; 02-12-2018 at 08:37 AM.
02-12-2018, 09:20 AM
#14
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManBand View Post
I'm still polishing code but Scoring system, leaderboard and iCloud saves is in place already
Great! I really can't wait to take the sequel for a spin!.
02-27-2018, 03:59 AM
#15
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 90
Here are some gameplay

02-27-2018, 10:52 PM
#16
i see you have implemented the multiple solution tab. Sweet feat. Looking better more and more.
02-28-2018, 12:07 PM
#17
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 90
Logic hell

03-01-2018, 08:37 AM
#18
Looking great. How many levels will it come shipped with? Will it have a level editor?
03-01-2018, 09:30 AM
#19
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 90
It's about 60 levels right now. Probably will be shipped with more than 80.
The first release will not include a level editor. I'm trying to find a solution which will allow to share levels between players. Possibly via Twitter. But I need more time to implement this.
03-01-2018, 05:58 PM
#20
Twitter level sharing is cool, but forces you to keep tab of it. Maybe you could implement a way to have a centralized server with the shared levels, so everyone gets them from there and rate them and all of that.

Also, that would allow you to keep tab of the cheaters on the game. Since this version will make it possible to compete, there will always be someone willing to hack the scores. Having a centralized way of checking solutions will allow you to keep the scoreboard clean.

I know it sounds like a lot of work, but would make a great game even better.