Universal Crimsonland HD (by 10tons)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 20, 2014.

1. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    #1 PeteOzzy, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014

Crimsonland HD

10tons Ltd
    Thousands of aliens, mutant lizards, giant spiders and more are on the attack - can you survive the onslaught? Crimsonla…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Thousands of aliens, mutant lizards, giant spiders and more are on the attack - can you survive the onslaught? Crimsonland is an intense and gratifying top-down dual stick shooter from the golden age of arcade action games. Your screen will be filled with literally hundreds of monsters, and must blast them to bits or die trying! Complete sixty quests to unlock a massive array of awesome weapons and abilities, then unleash your arsenal in Survival modes with online leaderboards. "An easy recommendation to anyone who enjoys shooters or action games in general. It's challenging, fun, and gives you a huge amount of toys to play around with." - Touch Arcade review, score 4.5 out of 5 "This is gore in the excessively ludicrous, tongue-in-cheek, late '90s sense." - Pocket Gamer review, score 7 out of 10 Features: - Sixty missions in the Quest mode - Five survival modes with Game Center leaderboards - 30 unique weapons - 55 awesome perks - 21 Game Center achievements - MFi gamepad support - Supports iPhone 6 / Plus resolutions!
    Information
    Seller:10tons Ltd
    Genre:Action, Role Playing
    Release:Oct 08, 2014
    Updated:Jan 09, 2019
    Version:1.3.5
    Size:104.0 MB
    User Rating: (11)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    The steam game?

Sweet Jesus.... Where is my free time?

3. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Not quite just CA. It's on the oz store.

4. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    MINE!!! Thanks for the post Pete. Hope this is dual stick and not relative touch.

5. It's not as good as i though. And those in app purchase are ridiculous...

6. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    No problem! Sorry it wasn't the full information entry, thought I'd do a last sweep of the Appstore in bed and of course found something big lol. Haven't played it myself yet, but I'm hoping for that too!

That's what's great about soft launches - if you don't like something, give detail about it and it can be changed before full release. 10tons are a fantastic dev (publisher in this case?) and active on the forums so it'll be really helpful for them to know things like that.

7. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I'm really digging this game so far. I was debating on buying it on the Vita. Just wish it was out in the US so I could buy the full game, but so far it's a pretty fun DSS.

8. The main problem with this game is content. Not worth at all 4,99$ (you can pay more if you want to support the devs)
    I saw better dual stick shooter on AppStore with better contents and a tiny price.
    Besides that. Good game. But i saw the PC version and a touch/point and shoot control would be better though.

9. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    For anyone that recalls the classics BloodnGuns and iDracula, this is in the same vein. It is dual stick and like Minigore, you basically kill or be killed in a arena of spawning hordes that want to nibble on you a bit. Lots of weapon drops to keep it fun. I would pay two or three dollars for a complete game but five seems a bit steep for this genre. Still, the free version offers a lot to try. I'm unsure what the full version offers that's not in the free one but still this is a fun diversion and recommended, especially for those that enjoy playing with both thumbs.

10. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Game Center is not loading my highest score in survival mode

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I really like the perks and the tons of weapons in this, but i feel like the gameplay's pretty plain. If this was 2012 this probably wouldve been fantastic, but with how things go so fast in the iOS scene, this feels a bit dated.

12. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    #13 ojtitus, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
    If I'm not mistaken this game has been on iOS before. It was Crimsonworld HD by Gameprom.

Edit: After looking I can see that was a knockoff of this game.

13. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I played CrimsonWorld a bit on PC and enjoyed it; it's a frantic dual stick shooter with some notable differences from the norm on iOS. The levels are devoid of anything but barren open fields so level variety is primarily in the form of different monsters (and there are a good bunch of then). Enemies swarm forming mobs everywhere so you're fighting a horde of baddies, not sure isolated individual enemies. There are a lot of powerups that drop randomly during battle but necessary to stave off the floods of enemies. I've enjoyed Crimsonland HD; but as a faithful remake of a 2003 game it's more primitive in some ways.

14. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    I played this back when Windows XP was the in thing. I loved it so much, I installed it on every PC in my school's computer lab (dat student life). Can't wait to try it on iOS!

15. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Any more feedback on this? The release is nigh!

A couple of things; yes, the game is a remastered version of the first game we ever did, all the way back in 2003. So a lot of things will feel decidedly retro, and it's perfectly intentional. The game is a bit of a cult classic, so we decided it's best not to change the core gameplay too much.

The pricing scheme is a bit unusual. It's a Try & Buy game, meaning it's free to download, but there's a hard paywall blocking most of the content. The kicker is we made three versions of the unlock IAP, each with a different price. They all unlock exactly the same thing though, which is the full game.

We don't expect many people to choose the more expensive versions, but at least we now have a chance of making more than the $3.99, $4.99 or whatever we eventually decide the lowest pricepoint to be. Some people actually already went for the more expensive choices during the current soft launch period, which is nice!

Oh, and the game is called "Crimsonland HD" because plain "Crimsonland" was unavailable to us for whatever reason. Which sucks, a bit.

16. VaibhavChavan

VaibhavChavan Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Totally Agreed with @GreedPhantom The Devs should actually price the product basis the content provided and this seems a bit (a little bit) more! But Fun!

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #18 psj3809, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    I did buy the original years back (Just giving it a go now). I probably will get this revamped version but is it just arena after arena ? I love the game engine but it would be brilliant if there were 'levels' as in you go through a large warehouse and have to get from point a to point b. - Edit - In a way it seems to have something a bit like that with the quests i suppose.

Actually just deleted the original (no auto-rotate, arrrgh ;) Obviously looking its age a bit

This new version looks great from the video, shall pick this up. Yeah a 'fraction' higher priced than other games but i want to support indie devs etc, its not much to help them.

Any idea on a possible release date ?

18. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    #19 10tonsLtd, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Downloading now ! (UK)