CAR JACK STREETS 2 - Official Development Thread - [by TAGPLAY, Scotland]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SimonTag, Sep 9, 2011.

1. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.

There is a map of Texas in the collage top​

2. Nicoipad

Nicoipad Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Haha! Well can't say I'm dissapointed. I would've preferred Chicago bu Dallas would have been top 3 when it comes to cities in the USA that haven't been used

3. Falldj

Falldj Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    *trademark scream* WOOOO DALLAS! Texan here...sorry for the outbreak.

4. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    Dallas is top 5 cities in the USA if you ask me.

5. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    So can you guys confirm whether my guess was correct?

6. FlipBeef97

FlipBeef97 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2012
    Male
    Well... you could make it where you can get in the same vehicle with your Friends and drive while they shoot. kinda like Grand Theft Auto IV's Multiplayer.
    and you could Trade Things like Weapons and Grenades and all kinds of other stuff.
    Free Roam, Team Deathmatch, and the most AWESOME! MOD SUPPORT!!! so you can add MODS to it, like different Vehicles, Guns, ECT... Online Multiplayer Servers, Bluetooth Multiplayer, skin and avatar editor, Also BOATS, can you also add where you can hang from a rope on the Helicopter and pick up people with it too, NO ADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also could you add a CHAT BOX like in DeadLock Online, (its an game on the app store) so you can CHAT with people while playing the game, what about FISHING? if there is going to be a Country Side then could you add WILD LIFE (AKA DEER ANIMALS) To Hunt? for fun? or is that too far off of the concept of this game? NEW ITEMS AND VEHICLES IN FUTURE UPDATES, could you also add where you can OWN YOUR OWN HOUSE? (since this is going to be a social game) and your friends can come in kinda like ROBLOX, VAULTING OVER THINGS LIKE BUSHES AND FENCES. thats just a "few" things I have in mind... (trust me... there WILL be more..... :D )

7. DeNovoHope

DeNovoHope Active Member

Apr 8, 2012
    This seems a little ambitious for an iOS game, personally I would much rather it just be single player and be completely bug free and great, rather than have a multiplayer that delays the release of the game and is filled with flaws, leaving us disappionted.

8. FlipBeef97

May 5, 2012
    Male
    It is a little too much but that is just the ideas I had and thought I'd share them so they "Could" take "Some" of them and put them in the game, and I agree about the game "Bug Free" but they could add "SINGLEPLAYER AND MULTIPLAYER From the Main Menu do you can play it WITHOUT INTERNET and WITH INTERNET.

9. FlipBeef97

May 5, 2012
    Male
    But what about adding "Graffiti" and being able to make your own "Mark/Symbol" for you "Gangs"? What about that? Is that "TOO MUCH"?

10. FlipBeef97

May 5, 2012
    Male
    Actually, forget what I said in this post. How is it "ambitious" for an IOS Game??? They have GTA 3 for IOS, and GTA CHINATOWN WARS. So it IS POSSIBLE TO ADD THESE THINGS ON CAR JACK STREETS 2.

11. SimonTag

SimonTag Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    I can say that you guys are close, but no cigar. But that is all I can say ;).

[​IMG]
    They triple-dared me to "say something else", but I politely declined

Yeah, when you look at games like N.O.V.A. 3, Asphalt 6, etc, you begin to appreciate the power of modern mobile devices. Heck, I play Playstation games on my Galaxy S2 and its incredible to think that when I was in school I used to have to sneak down to my parents spare room to play Final Fantasy 7 before class on a beat up CTR with a huge, whirring Playstation 1. My mum would have a tough time enforcing her 'ban games device's in bedrooms' regime in today's world...

12. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    This is all great great stuff! All has been forwarded on to our design team.

Regarding ads, everyone at Tagplay is pretty opposed to full screen ads and the like as they take a lot away from the user experience without (really) generating much revenue (I hope you guys appreciate studios do have to generate money to survive though!). There might be a small banner ad space somewhere, so we keep up on that side of the industry, but if you check out our other games you'll guess that it'll probably be buried somewhere in a menu.

13. FlipBeef97

May 5, 2012
    Male
    So what you are saying is, the banner ads will be only in the menus? And when you go back to playing the banner ad will go away until you press pause or something?

14. FlipBeef97

May 5, 2012
    Male
    I forgot one thing to add in my earlier post,
    Could you also add a Parachute? And be able to jump out of the helicopter and skydive and pull open the parachute and glide down.

15. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    what about "hidden ads"
    like painting ut on walls or on cars so you dont got a pop up but a spot ingame

16. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    LA? Isn't that where Pulp Fiction is set? Uhmm... I though you said it was south but never been used. LA is the most overused video game location aside from NYC. And there is already an open world LA on ios.

17. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    Any chance of news at e3?

18. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Is the ad something that can be removed through IAP?

19. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    Car Jack Streets 2 is not set in L.A. ... I just thought the picture would render a humorous tie to the fact I can't tell you guys that much :(.

Pretty much yeah. We tried some full-screen ads at the loading stage of our Funpark Friends title, but we weren't really feeling them... so we got rid and probably won't implement any more. I would highly doubt it anyway.

20. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    Oh ok thanks. Guess I just expected a hint on the location :D