Universal Ravensword: Shadowlands - (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Get the ring of jumping in the chest at the beginning of the shadowlands and equip it-it'll slightly help you,I had to use vines hanging to help me on my climb

2. Laethaka

Laethaka Member

Jan 27, 2013
    yea I needed the ring

why a critical item was placed with no notice of its existence or necessity off on the side of the zone is..... I guess the opposite of hand-holding AAA gaming on the bright side

3. Drkrelic

Drkrelic Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    Lol, dangit i forgot to get the ring of jumping when i first entered the shadowlands. Hopefully we can re-enter the shadowlands in a future DLC!

Josh?:)

4. lukeperman

lukeperman Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Few advanced questions

Great game. Managed to complete it in about ten hours... I have completed all the quests and achievements and am just 'grinding' with my character looking for anything I have missed...

There seems to be just three things left to do that I can't figure out.

1. The chest on the ledge in Grim Pass near Wastelands exit. I have tried jumping and jumping, with ring of jumping, over the rocks and climbing the tree there, but never seem to have enough jump to get through the gap in the rocks. I have also gone down to the ledge below the one with the chest and got completely stuck there. I eventually figured out I can dial back the autosave to a few minutes before I went there. Is there some straightforward way to get this chest or is it just a case of 'keep trying' ?

2. After defeating the Dark Elf Prince, I spared his life and the next instant was transported back to Aven. When I return to the tunnels, the place where I met him has a locked gate in front of it. I can't find any way into the place to retrieve the contents of the chest. I read there was a lever somewhere but no amount of searching can locate it...

3. Whilst combing the area around the locked gate for some way in, I happened to look up to the area directly opposite infront of the locked gate. There is another ledge up there, with what looks like a cave. Looking directly at it, it's just a little way to the right of the Heronmar Tunnels entrance. I climbed the curved rock to my right to get nearer the ledge, but my jump ability doesn't allow me to get far enough. Anyone else seen this ledge/cave? Can you get to it or am I just wasting time?? ;)

Thanks!

5. Anonymous unnamed

Jan 22, 2013
    Alright for you first problem you should upgrade you acrobatics skill to at least 40 or 50 percent more height gain. After that you should get down to the lower ledge and you will easily be able to jump on to the area where the treasure chest is.

Unfortunately I couldn't really find a way to unlock the gate where the elf prince was so I can't help you with that.

As for the ledge/cave you really don't need to bother about it as there is nothing there. But yes you can get to it by going to the other side via the bridge and then jumping on the rocks which border the empty cave. As you have the ring of jumping the fall shouldn't kill you.

Hope this helps

6. lukeperman

lukeperman Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Great, thanks for the tips. Yeah, I figured out how to get up to the higher ledge in the tunnels by going across the bridge and leaping over the rocks. There was even a tiny little ledge I could skim along which made me think it was put there deliberately by the game developers, only to find the cave was empty!

I'll give the grim pass one another go when I build up my jumping skill...

7. Juliantrenchcoat

Juliantrenchcoat New Member

Jan 29, 2013
    I am so lazy

I want to know where the ravensword is in aven. Thanks.

8. Anonymous unnamed

Jan 22, 2013
    It is in a crypt under the statue of king orin in south aven. It's about right in the centre of the village.

9. MarkyMarc

MarkyMarc Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    USA
    Any idea as to which monsters give the most XP?

10. beelzebubble

beelzebubble Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    I now hate this game :mad:

Why would you swing from a nice easy level of difficulty (after I dropped the dif down) to far too frustrating at the point where you have to move the boxes with the wind ability in the tower.

Any easy way around this? I was close to rage-deleting the game this morning.

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I actually though it was pretty easy...

12. beelzebubble

Jan 27, 2012
    On an iPod it isn't. Even having your finger near the screen results in you dying instantly as you walk off the block you are on. The controls also aren't precise enough to allow me to line the blocks up very well. Not to mention that I was constantly having to wait for the magic bar to refill so that I could levitate the blocks.

13. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I did it on my iPod 5 first try. You just move the blocks over from the side, then just on them (being very careful). I was thinking by the time you get to that point in the game most people are very used to the controls - but maybe we should make those blocks slightly bigger.

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    You have a point there...my recommendation is to level up your jumping.

15. beelzebubble

Jan 27, 2012
    I was hoping I could avoid grinding...

@JoshCM

The jumping actually isn't too hard for me, I actually find the controls reasonably precise. It is the moving the blocks part. The actual animation/graphics for the wind magic is hard to see which makes judging it's "hit box" more difficult. The first box also seems to get stuck on the doorway (and I also don't see its point as I can jump to the box that is pretty much in the doorway reliably). From there the other boxes seem to be really hard to move from the first box I jump to, being quite far away.

I may not be very good at the game but that aside I don't think it is good for the difficulty to spike like it did for me.

Great game otherwise. Really good stuff for a portable game.

16. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    I saved after every successful block jump or two... that way if I died I didn't have to start over from the beginning...

eventually I got the hang of it...

17. Bethany

Bethany Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Yup, same here. Except I also saved BEFORE the first jump attempt on any given block, so that I wouldn't lose the effort I'd gone to moving it.

18. lukeperman

lukeperman Member

Jan 28, 2013
    You have to get the balance of using the rune control with the movement control. After that it was really quite easy.

19. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Having a really tough time leveling up enough to match the difficulty of all the quests. Should I set the difficulty slider all the way to the bottom? Any other tips?

20. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    This really only happened to me once still early in the game. I left the slider where it is by default and I just worked my way up a few levels by repeatedly killing the same mobs (for me it was those Goblins in the fort) -- they became easier and easier and in the process I got some better weapons and money. I used potions when necessary.

That was the only time I had to do that. After that point the game was almost "too easy" as the weapons/gems I had acquired seemed too powerful. The biggest challenge at that point was puzzles...