iPad iMAME (iOS iMAME4ALL in App Store) by Jim VanDeventer

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by AnarKitty, Dec 21, 2011.

1. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Fantastic list, I have completed Metal Slug 1 with this emu. It took 22 credits :rolleyes: never would have afforded that as a kid.

Blazing Star is a wee gem too. I have to say this is the most exciting thing to happen on my iphone for ages. Makes me miss my Nokia N900 though :(

2. Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Btw it runs better on ipad. Better still with an icade and youre laughing!

3. Muttlly

Muttlly Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2011
    UK
    I think it may be you who is uninformed!
    From the devs:

4. RotaryP7

RotaryP7 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Btw man, neogeo. I added the neogeo.zip but I'm thinking? Do I now have to find neogeo games? lol.

5. Jonbazookaboz

Dec 22, 2011
    They are included in the rom set. Eg fatal fury, metal slug, waku waku 7 etc

6. Jonbazookaboz

Dec 22, 2011
    Anyone got alien storm working yet?

7. ahijado

ahijado New Member

Dec 26, 2011
    I've been a MAME user for many years. Some of my roms that have worked with MAME won't work with iMAME. I've gotten about 75% of my roms to work. The rest either don't register in the iMAME list or they are missing a few files from the rom sets. Just keep trying. I found the best method is to first check the roms using MAME for PC or Mac, then compress the working rom folder into a zip file. Transfer the zip file into iMAME, refresh the rom sets in the options tab and it should work.

8. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    Game specific iCade button configuration?

I am trying to change the button configuration for playing with the icade for some games but I am not able to map a single button. Any tips?

9. ahijado

ahijado New Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Some roms you have to reboot a few times before they work.

10. Jonbazookaboz

Dec 22, 2011
    load a rom press start and coin to open the operator menu. U can either change controls for that game or ALL games

11. Jonbazookaboz

Dec 22, 2011
    In each rom menu u can also increase the stick buttons from 2 up to 6

12. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    Thanks but I tried exactly this but it doesn't work with the icade for me. It doesn't register the button of the icade properly. Anyone got the button remapping working with the icade?

13. Jonbazookaboz

Dec 22, 2011
    It does work just DONT change the red buttons

14. tak437

tak437 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    It's a little tricky, but it's possible. I had a lot of trial and error before getting the hang of it because of the 3 controls to consider; the game controls, MAME buttons and the iCade buttons. I'll try and explain what I did...

Once in the MAME menu (input for this game only) option you have to find the available MAME buttons (each game differs) and figure out what game controls are mapped to these MAME buttons.

Find the MAME button you want to map and hit the "B" button. The B button indicates to MAME that you want to map this button. After hitting B you then choose which button on the icade you want. The B button is the top right on icade.

As an example - in Street Fighter 2 the MAME buttons 1,2 and 3 are already mapped to the 3 punches (light medium heavy) in MAME. So I went to "button 1" in the MAME menu and hit "B" on the icade, then hit the icade button I wanted light punch to use.

Good luck.

EDIT - JonBazookaboz has a good point, you can't map to the red button on the icade.

15. Jonbazookaboz

Dec 22, 2011
    I have set ALL in input menu to : COIN,3,2,1
    START,6,5,4
    Works well for me.

16. gingerling

gingerling Member

Dec 23, 2011
    I've pretty much got my head around iMame now.
    One of my favourite games is Dodonpachi.
    Now Dodonpachi (Japan) works however is it possible to change the lives and difficulty?
    I can't find an option to change from very hard or change lived up from one.

Any help most appreciated.

17. Lesbird

Lesbird Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Male
    Game Programmer
    Boston Massachusetts
    Freeze, to find out what games are supported in this version download the project from my website, unzip it and look at the file driver.cpp. That file contains a complete list of supported games in iMAME.

Actually, to simplify matters I've attached the file here. MAME is a complicated piece of software. A game needs 3 major components to work - a driver, sound hardware emulation and video hardware emulation. In addition to that there needs to be a "machine" coded for it. A single "machine" can be used to emulate multiple games.

Hope this helps.

- Les

Attached Files:

18. Jonbazookaboz

Dec 22, 2011
    Even when u access the service menu the dip switch option doesnt open. sorry no way to change.

19. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Oddly, whenever I try to load Espreda I get a config menu where I can change the difficulty, lives, credits and allsorts. Unfortunately I can't get past that to load the bloody game. MAME eh! It makes a man out of you :D

20. gingerling

gingerling Member

Dec 23, 2011
    Damn I can't get past level 2 with one life.
    I take it no other versions work?