Narratavius - Relive Classic Text Adventures on your iDevice

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mindtakerr, Nov 8, 2011.

1. mindtakerr

mindtakerr Active Member

May 19, 2010
    Hey everyone,

I am working on an iPhone app that will allow authors to create their own text adventures and to allow the public to be able to play them on their iPhone.

I'd love for everyone to take a look at the app, and if you want to find out how to become an author, please feel free to post here or to send me a PM.

Check out the Narratavius Story Engine at: http://narratavius.com

2. Lord knows I loved helping run Animazement in Durham/Raleigh back in the day before it turned into an ugly money-driven monster, but unless this thing is also going to incorporate some sort of Z-code emulator I don't know if it's going to gain much traction.

Will this also play Z-code IF games?

3. mindtakerr

mindtakerr Active Member

May 19, 2010
    At the moment, there are no plans to do that simply because the iPhone interface doesn't provide well for very specific text. This app will operate on touch and other gestures that will be easier to do on the iPhone.

However, that being said, the Z-Code idea is certainly not a bad one. I would love to look into it more.

And finally, that's cool that you were in the Raleigh/Durham area, too! I always love meeting people from my area.

4. mindtakerr

mindtakerr Active Member

May 19, 2010
    There's a new video up describing how Narratavius will work when its final release comes around.

If you're interested in interactive fiction or you're curious to see how it could be done in a way that makes sense on the iPhone, please check us out!

5. mindtakerr

mindtakerr Active Member

May 19, 2010
    If you are at all interested in writing or interactive fiction, you'll want to check this out because we are looking for authors, too.

The whole interface and system is being designed specifically for the iPhone/iPod Touch. We're hoping to expand to other platforms in the future as well.