Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-29-2014, 07:00 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Default [APP STORE] Sticky Soccer - awesome arcade soccer puzzle game [iPhone & iPad]

Hi there!

We at Fast Pixel Games would like you to know that our latest game "StickyBalls Soccer" is now available on the App Store for 99c (69p), and would love you to take a look and if possible review it. You can download the game using the following link:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sticky-soccer/id874451081?ls=1&mt=8

Based on our previous title "StickyBalls Classic" it's a unique arcade puzzle game, but this time with a soccer theme in homage to the World Cup. Not only that but we have 12 new pitches to play on as well as 6 soccer themed classic ones.

The original game itself was much talked about when released in mid 2005 and so we have finally included the unreleased PSP levels which gained much attention from the press at the time. We hope you enjoy it.

Sticky Soccer is published by Fast Pixel Games Ltd 2014.

Thanks for your time, and here are a few screenshots:

Old 06-29-2014, 07:11 AM

I'm really liking the looks of this. I picked up the original and it's pretty good, this one appears to have more, varied playing fields. I'll probably give this game a shot

Richard
Old 06-29-2014, 01:21 PM
iPad Air

Default Most fun I've had with an iOS game in months

Really enjoying this game. The concept is original, the graphics and physics are excellent, game play is surprisingly deep and mesmerizing. The tie-in with soccer is tenuous at best, but the soccer design motif adds eye-candy quality to what is a really great gaming concept. On the negative side, placement of the enormous pause button is annoying; I've accidentally hit it several times while trying to select a ball to activate, and it's certainly unnecessary to make it so prominently placed in the field of play. But other than this single gripe, I'm extremely impressed with the developer's talent and the beauty of this game.

Last edited by Grist; 06-29-2014 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: Forgot a couple things
Old 06-29-2014, 03:09 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Oh cool, thanks guys

It's really nice to get feedback on this, we've very proud of it but we've been having a tough time getting it noticed. You're right, the soccer thing is a bit of an attempt to hook a new audience, but the texture on the balls does look a lot nicer than the old plain colours. Plus a second spin-off game gave us a chance to add more levels from the PSP and Gizmondo originals. We're actually working on an update for both Classic and Soccer that includes a further 28 tables, all of which were cut from the original Gizmondo version.

Would you say that it' the size of the pause button or its left hand placement that is causing the problem? We tried having it top and centre but that can pop up the iOS notification centre and Apple frown on that...

Anyway, thanks again for the comments, it's nice to see people are enjoying it!

(Psst.... we've also just submitted a version with all tables unlocked for the duration of the World Cup. Should reach the store later this week...)
Old 06-29-2014, 03:44 PM
iPad Air

Default Suggestion for pause button...and a freezing problem

I'd suggest making the pause button much smaller, and placing it at the top of the screen, perhaps in the center. By the way, the game froze when I closed the smart cover on my iPad Air and then opened it to resume play on level 36 of the "classic game" mode. After this happened, I closed the frozen game by deleting it from cache and then touching the "continue" button; the game picked up at the start of the level that I had been playing, but it forgot my progress on that level.

Last edited by Grist; 06-29-2014 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: Added detail about freezing problem
Old 06-29-2014, 03:54 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Ah... OK thanks we'll look into that one.

Will try shrinking and/or moving the pause button for the next submitted version, will hopefully stop it getting in the way.

Cheers!
Old 06-29-2014, 06:08 PM
iPad Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by coulrophobia View Post
Ah... OK thanks we'll look into that one.

Will try shrinking and/or moving the pause button for the next submitted version, will hopefully stop it getting in the way.

Cheers!
Now I've experienced a freeze on level 2 of the "Premier" stage in arcade (using my iPad Air). The many joys of this game certainly outweigh the occasional annoyance of freezes, but hopefully you can fix these.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:26 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Another one to look into, thanks
Old 07-07-2014, 02:14 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Hi,

You might like to know that version 1.03 has been released with ALL TABLES UNLOCKED for a limited time only.

(Work has started on version 1.04, which will be a huge update, adding many more tables and hopefully squashing some of the aforementioned bugs).

If you like the game then we would be extremely grateful if you would rate and/or review it on the App Store.

Many thanks.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sticky-soccer/id874451081?ls=1&mt=8
Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

New version out - 1.04. Ended up being a minor update, but the smaller pause icon is now in, along with a few crash bugs. 1.05 will be the big one. Watch this space...