Need help how to tell if a game is iphone X screen optimized

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by RinoaHeartily, Apr 12, 2018.

1. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Sorry guys.. For free games I just download and if it's not X optimized I'll delete it.. For paid games instead of asking for refund is there another way? Apple has a policy if u ask for refunds too many times they may not refund u anymore..

TIA

2. rasterzone

rasterzone Active Member

Aug 2, 2016
    Software Engineer
    Michigan, U.S.
    The way that I can tell is by looking at the App Store videos and screenshots on my iPhone X.

I'm a developer, and we can upload iPhone X specific images, which are different sizes from the iPad and iPhone versions. iPhone X screenshots are a lot longer, and they have large rounded corners. They might also have the home bar visible. iPhone and iPad screenshots don't.

For example, compare my upcoming game "Harry and Larry" in the App Store, which is iPhone X-optimized, to my other game, "Gallery Hero", which is not yet. The Gallery Hero screenshots aren't as long, and corners are not as rounded.

Hope this helps!

-Alan

3. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    Wow yeah you are right I just compared the images so far it's spot on. I saw strike force which I know is X optimized they do show the images longish and rounded edge..

Thanks!!!

4. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    Too early to rejoice some dev don't upload X images. Example day r premium is optimized for X but on App Store it's the old squarish images..

I Guess until apple fix this or dev put some kind of description I'll be asking for refund... ###

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah I wouldn’t go refund crazy as at some point they’ll stop it if you’re taking the nick.

Email the devs or ask on forums. But it’s not like the android store asking for refunds every 5 secs. You’ve spent $1000 on a phone you can’t be poor ;)

6. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017

7. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    I've known Android users who were far from stingy. OTOH, if folks just spent $1000 on an iPhone, some of them may indeed want to save up ;)

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Do think that you should be able to get an instant money back after say 2 hours or something though. So its a bit like a mini trial period, isnt the Android store like that ?

But to be fair when its a dollar or two sometimes i just bite the bullet and dont ask for a refund and just delete it. Done a few refunds though, last one was for that 'spider' game, looked amazing so i bought it but the controls were some of the worst i'd seen. The second i read 'innovative controls' i should have known

9. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    Steam also gives you a refund in that manner as well for IIRC, 2 hours from time of purchase.

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks I didn’t realise that. I want to buy some steam games for my GPD Win to see if they work well. Might do that now