Does anyone know....

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by butterbean21, Dec 14, 2009.

1. butterbean21

butterbean21 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Can you withdraw your current app for sale, revise it and make changes, give it a new app name and icon, and submit it as a new game?

I only plan to do this with one App simply because I felt it needed a different name, and different icon.

I've emailed Apple about it already, but thought I'd try my luck here and see if anyone else has done that.

:)

2. ChaoticBox

ChaoticBox Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Male
    Developer
    Toronto Canada
    Just submit it as an update - you can change the name and the icon as much as ya like, just don't change the bundle identifier. If you submit it as a totally new game you'll leave your existing users hanging. They'll have to buy it again to get the update - and I'd bet they wouldn't be too happy about that.

3. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    pollywog's a great game but it needs different environments:D;)

4. butterbean21

Nov 13, 2009
    Will change the game name

Good point, I will keep the same bundle identifier and update with the new name and new icon
    thanks!

5. ChaoticBox

ChaoticBox Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Male
    Developer
    Toronto Canada
    I'd be happy to discuss Pollywog in the official thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=35565 but unfortunately I've had to put all future plans on hold due to extremely poor sales.

6. butterbean21

Nov 13, 2009
    Regarding Pollywog

How do you market your app and get it recognized in an App Store so saturated with Apps?
    I'm very new to it, but it's disappointing when you spend months working on something and sales are poor, any tips would help :)

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The majority of topics in the Developer forum seem to be based around this question:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Lots of other devs in similar situations to yours hang around in there and they're slowly getting more knowledgeable about what works and what doesn't.

The main rule is simple: don't do anything until you've heard from someone who's done it before. Some marketing/advertising techniques fail horribly.

8. butterbean21

Nov 13, 2009
    Thanks appreciate the help

Thanks, I'll take a look at those threads, appreciate it!