XBLA ports and arcade games you wanna see on the iPhone

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by coffinfeeder, Sep 13, 2009.

1. coffinfeeder

coffinfeeder Active Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Pittsburgh
    We all know the idevices desperately need a classic 2D RPG ala final fantasy. But what else do you guys want to see come to the iPhone?

Some games I've pondered about that would be awesome to have on the iPhone:

Final Fantasy tactics A2 - this could definately be pulled off by square and would provide 80+ hours of entertainment.

Castle Crashers - i know this one is brought up all the time but that's because it would be amazing. Knights onRush looks good but still isn't CC.

Bionic Comando: Rearmed - It would be nice if capcom gave us a nice port of this rather than games with broken controls (I'm looking at you MM2)

- A new side scrolling fighter would be awesome. Or even a port of Final Fight 3. TMNT in time, or the awesome Simpsons arcade game.

I have another thread already about this but I would reallyyyy LOVE a castlevania game on the iPhone.

Any other suggestions?

2. kcbc

kcbc Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Poker Smash
    Devil Dice (PS game)

3. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    The one I'd buy in a second would be Dishwasher: Dead Samurai, but that'd never work on the iPhone... way too much going on at once and the controls would really make or break it. And knowing how most devs do virtual d-pads it'd break it.

We already have PuzzleQuest and a Castle Crashers clone (KO Quest), so we're good there.

Also, I'm surprised that no one's thought about putting some of their classics on the iPhone, other than Sega that is. I just wish they'd get their Dreamcast games up there or if we get really lucky Sony will post some of their PSX classics up there. That'd be the day when everyone could play FFVII on thier iPhone. That's not going to happen though since the PSP is one of the biggest iPhone competitors... Too bad...

Other than that I can't really think of any other games that the iPhone could use. I'm not really up on the XBLA most of the time, just certain good games. The only other one I can think of is I Made A Game With Zombies In It but we already have plenty of $1 dual-stick shooters with more to it, so I'll skip that one.

4. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    #4 NomaD, Sep 13, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
    if you had psx4iphone, you could already play FFVII on the iphone since 2007 :rolleyes:

no PSX game will EVER be ported, or n64, or NES, or SNES, or GBA, and a bunch of other things. that is why you jailbreak, my friend :) thats where the stuffs at.

5. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    yeah true, tho you need a 3Gs to get full 60fps on PSX games

6. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Don;t you mean already RUN FFVII? Because that stuff isn't playable. [pre-3GS]

7. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Yeah dude I used to run psx4all before the 2.0 update and FFVII was one of the first games I tried. It just ran too slow on my 1G iPod... SO i got rid of it. Too bad I only have a 1gig memory stick on my PSP otherwise I'd get that version.

And I jailbroke it the week I got it lol and every time I update/restore it. Just too much good stuff, espec. Scumm and SNES.