Flash for Ipod/Iphone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Deltacows1, May 30, 2009.

?

Do you think flash could be on the Ipod/Iphone?

1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No

20.0%
  1. Deltacows1

Deltacows1 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    I was just thinking and this came up. What if some company makes an app for that is a flash player? I know it would be a bit hard to do, but it would probably make it to the top 25 easy. It could be used for addicting games, websites that require flash, and a lot of other things. Does anyone think this is possible? Post in the poll then, yes or no.

2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Flash might come to the idevice but uit will be a skimmed down version of flash.

3. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    i would want it but if flash came to the iphone/itouch there would be no use for devs to make games

4. Deltacows1

Deltacows1 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Yeah, I guess you're right

5. RJ

RJ Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    California
    Exactly; then all the devs like ngmoco and gameloft will have to develop for some other platform. And that would suck for everyone, us as users (no new games, flash would make it be slower at a significant rate) and the devs would probably lose money.

6. Jerson420

Jerson420 Active Member

Jul 2, 2009
    devs wouldnt lose money cause flash games are not like idevice games

7. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Some are, in fact some of them WERE flash games before they came to the iPod.

8. Jerson420

Jerson420 Active Member

Jul 2, 2009
    ok some but not all of the best games on iphone/ipod touch

9. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    Yeah but they won't be optimized for the iPhone. Controls won't be optimized. Won't be anywhere near as good as game's actually developed for the device.

10. Flickitty

Flickitty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    Adobe Flash Builder is coming to iPhone. This isn't a Flash Player- all Flash Builder Apps still need to go through the same approval process and the developer needs to have their own iTunes Connect account.

Basically what it does is allows a developer to build an App using the same Flash tools they are used to using, and then compiling it native for iPhone.

A Flash Player isn't possible on iPhone, because Apple wants control of all code that comes into the iPhone (and rightfully so). This doesn't mean you can't use interpreted languages at all in your Apps, it means you can't download or stream your code (which is what SWF does).

Things like banners and non-logic code (tables) can be downloaded without a problem and are not a violation of Apples policy.

11. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I think some people wouldn't mind having a less optimized version as long as it's free.

Not that I don't want flash, but I'm sure this would happen.

12. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    I guess the jailbreak dev's need to step up their game! Or Adobe needs to turn to the darkside :)