★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Apple iOS 7.1 Update Adds CarPlay, Fixes 'White Screen of Death'

03-25-2014, 07:05 AM
Game Center

Perchance, is anybody else getting a weird glitch/bug/annoyance with GC - where it will randomly seem like it has signed you out mid-game, and every second, third or fourth time opening the app, just present you with a blank white screen - with the only fix being to either ignore GC (no achievements will unlock nor scores upload though) or force reset?

This has only been happening since iOS 7.1 - hence the post to THIS thread. Sorry if wrong!

Annoys me. iPhone 5s; 7.1.

Last edited by hotpotty; 03-25-2014 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Added info - YAY!!
03-25-2014, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by MarshallvsMachines View Post
So sorry to hear about the troubles other had to go through to update their devices to iOS 7.1.
My only gripe about the update is that my battery life seems a little worse than before. Anybody experiencing the same thing?
This is a problem I've noticed as well.
03-25-2014, 10:13 AM
Yes, battery life is substantially worse. However I improved it by turning off Push email (which honestly I don't really like anyway - most of what I get is junk mail)! I also turned off background updates for apps I don't care about. Together those seemed to improve the battery life. There must be a bug with push or background updates.

And on the other hand, my iPhone 4 is so much more responsive with 7.1. Totally worth the trouble.