How long should an update take to get approved?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by bware218, Jun 17, 2009.

1. bware218

bware218 Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2009
    software engineer, teacher, musician
    Bay Area, CA
    I've submitted my first update to Apple of my app Tic Tac Toe Ten over 2 weeks ago and I haven't received any reply or response to my email queries. Does anyone have experience in this area or have an idea of a standard length of time that would be a good rule of thumb concerning updates to your iPhone games?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bware218

2. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    Until recently, every initial app release and update I've submitted (Card Shark Solitaire, Karate Fighter, Xiangqi, Bug Juice, etc.) has been approved in about 6 working days.

I'm in the same boat as you with my most recently submitted updates (over 2 weeks delay) - I'm quite sure it is because Apple's priority at the moment is the OS3.0 release and associated infrastructure. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

3. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    #3 AttackOfThePwned, Jun 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2009
    ^
    You > idiot = ban, very, very soon :D

4. ASFx

ASFx Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Don't quote spammers.

5. daveak

daveak Well-Known Member

Same experience as Stroffolino, very annoying as I've now been waiting longer than the development time for my update and other updates for some devs are going through in a matter of days, but there are lots of us stuck waiting for about 2 weeks at the moment.

6. bware218

Jun 17, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Thanks for the input . . . I figure it's really hectic at Apple right now post WWDC and all the stuff they've just released . . . I'll continue to wait patiently as that's all I can do at the moment.

7. LostToken

LostToken Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    iPhone Developer
    Baltimore, MD
    Yea, Its been about 2 weeks for me as well. I think we may have our next update ready before the current on is approved.

8. bware218

Jun 17, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Finally got Tic Tac Toe Ten v1.1 approved today!!! After 2 weeks, the wait is now over . . . big sigh of relief. Thanks Apple for teaching me what it means to be patient, endure, and perservere

9. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
  10. Emulgecheehem

Emulgecheehem Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Iceland
    Iceland
    How long should an update take to get approved

Just a reminder. Before you start anything, make a backup copy of an entire working copy. After that, probaby some tools can help you with that.

You didnt say what OS this is on?

Cheers, Mike5

11. astrosaurus

astrosaurus Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Designer/Blogger
    Portland, OR
    I wouldn't know, I'm not a developer, but I would imagine it's SUPER nerve racking waiting for the first approval that your game is actually going to be able to go on sale. Uggggh.

12. coolman

coolman Well-Known Member

For sure it is. aggg me too :)