Trying to remember a game...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Issac, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Hey everyone! The game in question is a third person, open world rpg. It was supposed to be episodic (though I think that only the first one materialized), and it had sci-fi and Moebious trimmings to it.
    Agh! I can practically see it in my mind! The burning!! :eek:

But seriously, any help is appreciated. Thank you :)

2. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    was this released when the 3GS latest iphone and did the main character wear a gas mask

3. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    great now im trying to remember this game's name too

4. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Xenome episode 1 (I might have spelled that wrong). I had this game on an account I had been sharing w/my girlfriend at the time. Note to TA members: nothing last forever, make sure you have your own account!

All of the great games I lost, many of which are no longer on the AppStore...:sniff:

BTW, it was intriguing when it was released, but there wasn't much meat to it. It was unique in that you could see farther into the distance than any other iOS game that I can recall at the time of it's release, and the game map was not broken up into chucks, it was loaded on the fly. I have to think this game was released shortly after either the new Fallout or Deadlands (whatever the name is, the 3d PC/console shooter/loot rpg).

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I played this game a lot and completed it the other month. Was recommended it as I wanted a post apocalyptic type fallout game

Was really good. But samey but well worth it. Shame there was never a sequel

6. Casbah Rocker

Casbah Rocker Active Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Funny how every game looks like another. What's next? Is Super Mario Bro. going to be like Splinter Cell? Does not look like Fallout! Not even close. It looks like crap to me. Just looked at it on YouTube. But of course. It's my opinion.

7. Casbah Rocker

Aug 10, 2012
    Borderlands. #####

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    You signed up just to post that? I know it's not fallout but I was after a non linear game set in a post apocalyptic world hence fallout being mentioned

For it's time Xenome was very good

9. Casbah Rocker

Aug 10, 2012
    No. Signed up to post my opinion about the art of gaming. And sorry. As a person who is still playing Fallout New Vegas. Being a huge fan sense the third. I wasn't even aware of the game until it. I know how Fallout was such a unique game. The setting alone was. When I saw your post I thought you were comparing everything about that to the masterpiece. Sorry. Felt like when people compare Saint's Row and Grand Theft Auto. Kind of different. In their own respectful ways.

10. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Thanks!

11. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Wrong person to direct that crap at. Fallout Vegas? I bought Fallout on release. The original. Then I played through Fallout 2. Then Planescape: Torment (by the same development team...amazing game). All of which kill the Bethesda rehatches.

Before Fallout, I played Wasteland on a sub-10 megahertz, 8086 PC with an EGA display. That predates the Core series of chips, the Pentium series of chips, 486's, 386's, and 286's.

I enjoy the new Fallout games. I wasn't comparing the two. I was referring to the material that clearly inspired the developer.

Having said that, they still try to milk you with DLC.

More to the point, despite the fact that your comment was misguided, I've damned well spent enough money on games and have enough experience playing them to have earned the right to compare, laud, or ****on ANY game I feel deserves it.

12. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Greyskull and iNexus - Thank you! It was driving me a tad mad last night. Be well :)

13. Casbah Rocker

Aug 10, 2012
    Don't know why my comment was deleted. But anyway. Yeah your life is just full of virtual adventure. That's nice. So don't delete my comments moderators. Thanks! ##### I saw gameplay on YouTube. Can someone tell me why they deleted the app? I mean what would be a reason to delete a seemingly good app.

14. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Maybe the app violated Apple's rules or the developer decided to remove it for his own reasons or maybe the developer's license expired and he never renewed it

15. Casbah Rocker

Aug 10, 2012
    Ah ok. Thanks man. I really hope this never happens to me if I like the app. Another question. If you still have the app. Do you lose it it? If you delete it and have it in purchases. Is it erased from it? By the way. Broke Apple's rules? How?

16. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    There are rules and regulations the developers need to follow for example developers need to update their apps regularly or it might get removed from the app store as for the other question the answer is no it wont get erased from your history as far as I know. There was a game called Casey's Contraptions Rovio purchased the full rights to Casey's Contraptions and re-released the game as Amazing Alex I bought Casey's Contraptions a while ago and downloaded the game again from my purchase history and the game is not in the app store anymore but unfortunately I was a fool and bought Amazing Alex and didn't see that much difference so technically I bought the same game twice -.-

17. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Actually, after Grayskull and iNexus named the game, I looked it up and it is still in the app store.
    Though (and way off topic), Fanstasy Chronicle from Kemco was taken down not that long ago. The off topic part of the thread helped me understand why. So... thank you? :)

18. Casbah Rocker

Aug 10, 2012
    Thanks. That sucks. #

19. Casbah Rocker

Aug 10, 2012
    Shouldn't really be a question. You should simply be thankful. But...you're welcome?

20. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Anytime? ;)