AIMD Event 2, Feb 17th, Palo Alto

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by eya0, Feb 13, 2010.

1. eya0

eya0 Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Alliance of Indie Mobile Developers (AIMD) is happening again and bringing together Dave Castelnuovo, creator of Pocket God and Matthew Gravelle, creator of Skee-Ball to talk about guerrilla marketing and social media tactics that will help build buzz for your iPhone game. This is part 2 of a series of marketing panels that will lead up to the Game Developers Conference.

What we'll cover:
    -Discuss how to leverage the following platforms: Facebook, twitter, blogs, forums, PR.
    -Learn out how to manage communication with your fans and encourage evangelists.
    -Brainstorm and learn innovative Social Media and Guerrilla Marketing methods to drive adoption of your game.

Alliance of Indie Mobile Developers (AIMD) is a community of independent mobile game developers dedicated to promoting indie mobile games by exchanging tips, knowledge, and industry best practices. We love indie mobile games and especially love the underdog. We help developers cultivate their best work, and reach the hearts, minds, and phones of their greatest fans.

Link to sign up (free): http://aimd2-efbnen.eventbrite.com/

Last months was a great success and hopefully this month will be better! If you're in the Bay Area, I highly recommend this as it's not only a great place to learn something, but meet/network with other devs as well.

2. Flickitty

Flickitty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    Hey Erik!

Wish I lived in the Bay Area so that I could attend this. I had a lot of fun at last months event and learned a lot in the process. This months speakers are pretty substantial in the industry, it would be great to hear their insights and ask them questions.

I definitely recommend attending this event if you can.

3. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

Registered, thanks!

4. mpcovcd

mpcovcd Member

Feb 8, 2010
    @Flickitty I have the same problem. I would love to attend these conferences but living on the east cost prevents me from doing so. Time for a move? :)

5. eya0

eya0 Member

Jul 6, 2009
    we'll be recording the event so everyone can watch afterwards!