Garmin GPN Trainer (avionics sim->not a game) 24.99->Fred

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

Not sure if it's free yet. Why am I posting this? Good question. I guess because I'm going to download this and pretend I'm a pilot (this appears to be a landing instrument sim). Maybe you can eff up and crash? Then I could make it into a game of not-crashing ;).

2. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Showed free in iTunes just now (CST USA)... downloading it for the future. Thanks for the heads up. Sometimes the odd apps are cool to have as well.

Be warned, 930MB just for the download. I'm not installing this (no iPad) so no telling how fat it gets on the install or how much you'd need to get the download started directly on an iPad.

3. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I could be wrong, but doesn't the AppStore now allow you to start the download of any app, so you can lockz (is that the term) regardless of the space needed to downloaded. Irrelevant, but thought I'd mention it.

4. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Um...I've tried starting and pausing, but regardless of whether I try to cancel the download or not, an app will always re-start downloading when I next ooen itunes. Do you now of a better way?

5. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    So what price is fred?

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    1) Stop the download
    2) Delete / remove from iTunes

7. This is just way too big to lockedz. Thanks though for posting.

8. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Free in "He-manic?":p;):D

DBC

9. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    #9 mrbiggles, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
    lock it in - its FRED!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. download it.

2. goto itunes "apps" search for it

3. delete it and its gone BUT locked into your account for future download

only thing is its gone for life if you delete it and its deleted from the app store of course. i do a backup of all the apps dir of paid apps so i have them for the future. can't see many apps being in the store 10 years from now. plus i feel like i OWN them = not the applestore/co's. :D

now i wish there was a way to clean your account out, remove apps locked in you reviewed for free (lite, free and all the crap) ;)

10. tanglefoots

tanglefoots New Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Am I reading it wrong? Seeming was paid, now trial then IAP to unlock after 30 days.

11. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I also backup my deleted apps...unfortunately, the control card on the hard drive I used for that purpose (brand new by the way) died. I'm awaiting a quote on the cost for it to be recovered.

...as for Fred...DOH!

12. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Don't worry mate.
    You still have the touch.
    You have the power.

13. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    ...but I don't have my freakin' apps! who knows how much it will cost...it was irreparable at CompUSA/TigerDirect, it has to be sent to a compamy that specializes in "resurrecting" dead drives and extracting the data. I think they charge by the byte (or megabyte or kilobyte, whatever)... I really wish I had gone through and cleared the crap ahead of time.

So, because moving an itunes (app) library is so damn difficult, I have a full c:/ drive with about 1 gig free on which itunes is installed, and a new hardrive to replace the failed one. 2 terrabytes instead of the 1 terrabyte it replaces...completely empty. I think it was heat in my box, so I have it mounted in an external hot-swappable e-sata enclosure.

I'm just pissed. And tired. The cobination of which leads me to babble on.

I really should by a blu-ray burner. Safe, secure, failure free.

14. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    OT

yes is a must! i got one with the prices dropping!

BUYDIG has sale today:
    1TB usb $69 http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sdtid=5970704&sku=WDBACX0010BBK (add coupon code DIG10)

2TB usb $119 http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sdtid=5970704&sku=WDBY8L0020BBK (add coupon code DIG10)

i always have extra blu-rays on the side along with 2-3 usb 1TB drives for quick backups.

good luck!