Forgotten Memories - A psychological survival horror

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kugi_igi, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Patience can kick rocks.

2. Albit300

Albit300 New Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Albit300

I've been waiting for this game along time.Please release it all
    Ready!This game is gonna raise the bar.Cant wait!

3. jujumafon

jujumafon Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    I see no point in rushing the release at this far, let them finish everything on proper time X) I just wish I was one of those beta testers right now, lucky bast*rds.. Anyway, Tato, I need to ask you something, in previous footage, you showed us the game with that awesome classic survivor horror games camera, like the ones on earlier resident evil (1 to code veronica), and now, its the same as most of the games today, behind the character, like silent hill 5 and resident evil 4 and all.
    I´d like to know, there will be just this option of camera, or we will be able to choose between those 2 mentioned ?

4. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Beta testers?

5. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Hasn't started yet. Tato said he would let us know a while ago.

6. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    If this runs on 4g I want to test when it or if going to

7. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    We've shown different videos this year, obviously we won't share a final gameplay video if there's missing features (or not fully polished), that why.

We've spend all this year fine tuning and adding unique features (like the close combat feature), gigantic outdoors environments (yeah!). They are so huge that you'll need a vehicle to move out in outdoor areas! And other stuff never seen in a survival horror before (that reinforce realism, immersion and fear)! The video trailer will come soon, but again we wont tell any exact release date till the game reach gold state. Our ultimate goal is to have a game near perfection (not a game that let's you do what ever you want) but something that follows design perfection (or close to it). I know, iOS games are small and cheap but we don't care about others iOS games, we only care about you (the customer) and us (our game). :)
    King regards!

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I have a love-hate relationship with this philosophy. I hate waiting but love the fact that we're going to get a pretty much perfect game when it finally releases. Polish away! :D

9. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    The problem with that camera is that it makes hard to put the player into the game. In fact i would have been easier for us to simply put static cameras everywhere (just like before) but the reason is that we need something that put yourself into the game, very close to the character, so you can feel what he's filling, you are that person (close to an FPS view mind you). But no worries, we support both character movements (camera and character spaces) and camera styles (behind or just follow) which let you explore your surroundings in fine detail with more freedom. :)

10. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    It's a win/win situation (developer and gamers). You'll have lots of re-playability, endings, items, places and lots of fun horrific stuff to enjoy the game more than just once! When you get FM on your hands, you'll surely play it at least twice! ;)

11. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Regarding the public beta testing, I'll announce it over here (and put it on my signature) once we are in gold state. I would like to get as much input as possible before releasing the game. :)

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Considering that I played through Dead Space (iOS, though the PC games were also excellent) 6-10 times and got all the achievements and wallpapers, (artwork would make a great reward for getting X number of achievements, btw) I think I'll be playing through this thing at least 4-8 times if there are multiple endings and costumes and achievements. Also depends on how long it is.

13. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Is this even gonna run on touch

14. jujumafon

Nov 1, 2012
    That´s fine, I understand the kind of immersion you´re trying to show us X) I´m not really worried, its just that, the classic static camera is something that I really miss in this kind of game, but I know that you guys are doing a superb job, so I´m not worried with the quality.

15. jujumafon

Nov 1, 2012
    Not all IOS gamers are small and cheap. You know, being a gamer nowadays it´s not an easy thing.. not if you are a gamer since the beginning, since Atari and all. I can say that today, I see myself sometimes using my ipad more than my ps3 or pc for games. The reason is, at least for me, theres a lot of indie and independent developers today that know games since the beginning, and know what a game really need to be good. One thing that I miss the most is simplicity, that I´ve found a lot in games on Ipad, simple and good. We are overloaded of megalomaniac games that with time, loose it´s essence with time, and I thank guys like you and others that brings these little things back.

16. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    No one has yet answered my question.............lol

WILL IT RUN ON IPOD TOUCH PLEASSSSEEEEE SAY YESSSSSS

I'll go back to eating my buttery toast while I await a reply to my eye catching plea for playability.

DAMNIT WHY ISN'T CHRISTMAS IN NOVEMBER

17. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #2097 tatoforever, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
    k1lljoy_89,
    It runs on iPhone4 and iTouch4 but the game suffers from having almost every FX turned off (shadows, post-process, all that fancy shiny stuff you know). XD
    For the complete horror experience, try it on iTouch5, iPhone4S and up. :D

18. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    @jujumafon,
    By "small and cheap iOS games" i mean that nowadays the majority of developers (specially console developers/publishers) see iOS platform for tiny "play on the go" games which isn't the case for us. We really want to bring in more than "play 5 mins in a bus". We want to let you enjoy horror in your bed, at 1am, with lights off. Total horror experience and fun and challenging immersion. Forgotten Memories is what old school survival horrors should look in modern platforms. On top of that add a layer of unique features (which are of course the hearth of the game) that all of you will enjoy! :)
    King regards,

19. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Thanks, I don't know when ill be getting one of the said iTouch and up devices but hopefully soon after release.

20. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    You said that the release date will be before Christmas, will be defined the exact date?