Pokemon Black/White Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Watabou, Mar 7, 2011.

?

What starter did you choose?

1. Snivy

41.7%
  2. Oshawott

37.5%
  3. Tepig

20.8%
  1. Registeel

Registeel Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Just got a Flawless V-Create Jolly Victini from the newest movie event. Pretty stocked. EV train a go-go!

2. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    I just noticed your name is this guy
    [​IMG]

he is one of my favorite pokemon :D

3. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Derp. EV trained my Skill Link Shellder, but THE EV'S AREN'T SHOOTING UP LIKE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO.

btw, Does anyone have a water stone that I can "borrow"? I'll give you any of the previous starters :p (which is the only special thing I have to offer)

4. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Good news for those of us that have a 3DS. Apparently, gamefreak is going to release Pokedex 3D in the eshop where you start off with 12 pokemon and you collect more by streetpass/qr code and you can view them with augmented reality too.

Pretty cool but what makes this great is that it costs $0. Can't wait for it to arrive just because I would finally have my first 3ds game. Hah.

Attached Files:

• 91.jpg
      91.jpg
      File size:
      51.4 KB
      Views:
  5. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Wtf on Black 2 and White 2. I am kind of hoping for a new, smaller region unexplored and some new Pokemon introduced (at least sixteen new Pokemon).

Maybe that's where N headed to.. a new region. Definitely excited!

6. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Why are you suprised?

Red and blue= yellow
    Gold and silver = crystal
    Ruby and sapphire= emerald
    Diamond and pearl= platnium
    Black and white = black and white 2.... Why were you expecting a new region?...

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I was just surprised it wasn't going to be a 3DS game, but yeah, this is expected.

8. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I wasn't the market for the ds is much larger. The would be losing a major amount of sales since the majority of smaller kids currently have a ds

9. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    It should be grey then. Or at least for 3ds. What's surprising is this could be a direct sequel, maybe something close enough to what Kanto and Johto had. The anime show is going by pretty quick as well..

10. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yeah, makes sense, since the game still works on the 3DS. That's what I played Pokemon Black on.

11. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Yeah me too. I bet they didn't want to throw everything off so they're waiting for the next series to be on the 3ds. I can't imagine how hard it is to think up 100+ new creatures for the next game...

12. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    It looks like they've already hit a wall actually. The 5th gen. Pokemon are..lacking imagination to say the least, lol. Nothing will ever come close to 1st and 2nd gen. Pokemon, heh. I agree though. It must be hard as hell.

13. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    Slapping a "2" is a first for the mainstream Pokemon games.

We haven't had a direct continuation of any of the games before. Just remakes or alternate events.

14. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009

That's a first. Instead of getting a third version we get two second versions.

Kyurem's new versions look kinda sweet. I know the design is almost exactly like Zekrom and Reshiram's but I liked both of those designs.

Still confused whether or not the new games will follow the traditional third game route (few minor additions) or if they will add other stuff.

15. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    #355 Watabou, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
    Come on Gamefreak! DS again?

It better have something different this time. The Kyurem fusion looks ugly too.

I was half expecting a 3rd gen remake. Ruby/Sapphire was the best game they ever made imo and they had the most amazing music.

Now speaking about R/S, did you guys look at the logo? They have some sapphire and ruby colors on the number. Maybe...just maybe...we will have the whole hoenn region. :eek:

16. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    I dunno, I personally think it looks cute.

But anyway, they've given hints any number of times before. In Platinum you could get the rage candy bar if you hacked, and professor Rowan talked about it in the department store. Plus if I remember correctly, I thought I found a recall to Ruby/Sapphire.

17. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I'm expecting them early to late 2013. There due for a remake since its been 10 years(yeah really! Wow i feel old). There have been a couple leaked pictures suggesting a remake on the 3DS

18. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    Except rage candybar originated in Gold/Silver/Crystal :p

19. ActiveX

ActiveX Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Right behind you.
    I don't know if this counts as bumping or not..

Can someone help me evolve my Boldore into a Gigalith?

I picked up a Roggenrola early on in the game.

Not sure how I can trust you or not, but if you're willing, send me a message (or post in this topic, or both)

Thanks.

20. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    No I mean Professor Rowan mentioned the RageCandyBar in DPT. I take that as a hint for the Johto remake in 2009/2010. Plus I guess if you hacked your items and saw a RageCandyBar in the items files, you could probably guess that it would be included in a new game that could trade with DPT.