Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-29-2014, 04:04 PM

Default Ouch Potato - Crazy Couch Taxi released

Hi

I'm pleased to announce my new game has finally been released by Apple today.

Would appreciate any comments and feedback on how to improve it. I'm still learning my trade as a new games developer so every morsel helps.

I would also appreciate somebody beating my wife's high score, she is starting to get cocky now

Thanks
Stephen Eddy
Gigabyte Solutions Ltd
http://www.gigabytesol.com
Old 05-30-2014, 10:13 AM

There is currently a bug with the UFO which means it is possible to crash into it. I have submitted an update which should hopefully be live soon.

Enjoy.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:56 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I installed and played he game.

Crazy Couch Taxi is Crazy, campy, and crunchy too.
Ok. Maybe not crunchy but it was a fun word to add here. ( smile )

For the most part this runner game was funny. I loved how the potatoes basically hung on for dear lfe!
It's a cute game. Who knew couches could move!
A good variety of random obstacles.
The game is definately kooky. (Is that a word?)

The only real issue that I had was the frogs.
Whenever I passed or jumped over one, the frog would jump right at he couch causing game over.
Every time
Although I do believe it should be hard, I believe the frog might be impossible.
Overall, cute & fun. Just a little too hard in this specific area for me to play more.
And; I would love to play more if this part was changed or I some clues on how to play past it.

I am not leaving a review at the App Store because I want you to have a chance to tweek and do whatever you need until you feel all the bugs are fixed, etc....

Afterwards, I'll leave a review there.

Good luck!

Last edited by Lavender; 05-30-2014 at 01:00 PM..
Old 05-30-2014, 01:17 PM

Thanks for the feedback and kind comments Lavender.

Actually you aren't supposed to jump over the frogs (or crickets). You have to wait and let them pass right over you. They always jump at the last minute. For me that is one of the best bits because sometimes you can't help yourself jumping

I'll upload a video of me playing it shortly once I work out how to embed videos.

*Edit: video below. Sorry for jumpy quality, I actually recorded this on my mac in editor *

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by steddyman; 05-30-2014 at 01:20 PM..
Old 06-01-2014, 03:32 PM

Added a new description for the app that the wife put together, to give it more of a story. Waiting for Apple to approve. Would appreciate feedback on if it is better than the above:

Boys will be boys and spuds will be spuds!

The spud boys have got hold of a couch and are trying to see how many of their gang they can pick up on their way through the town. They only have one problem - there is no clear path for them to take. It's up to you to help them pick up the rest of their gang while avoiding the many different obstacles on the ground and in the sky, such as taxi cabs, trucks, elephants, birds and stacks of tyres. Be careful though. Some of the spud boys are trying to get above the obstacles by hanging on to kites. While some of the spuds are being abducted by ufos.

All it takes is a little tap to make the couch fly over the traffic and a longer tap to make the couch soar. Have you got what it takes to help the spud boys pick up their gang? Don't worry if you have a bump, you have endless retries which are only a tap away.

Beware though. This is a highly addictive game. You may find that the spuds take over your life!
Old Yesterday, 01:08 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Default Will check it out

Hi! I haven't installed it yet. But it definitely looks interestingly CUTE. We'll get back to you after i check this game out. Good luck! I hope you develop more of these games.