iPad Air - (by Apple)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Sanuku, Oct 22, 2013.

1. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Yeah, I'm going to be getting the new iPad Mini since it's basically the same as the new iPad Air.

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#3 Sanuku, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    You more or less nailed it. While the difference between the two Microsoft Tablets Surface 2/Surface Pro 2 are Worlds the difference between the new upcoming iPad Mini/iPad Air are almost nothing if it comes to the core features like CPU/GPU/...

3. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I need to keep my iPad mini for a minimum of like six months, since I haven't had it for even a full year yet (plus it still has an amazing amount of life left in it) but wow, that new iPad mini is so effing tempting.

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Kinda tempted on the Air, since I've already got a mini with "iPhone" printed on the back, but the Playstation 4 is only a month away, and if we're talking gaming, which I am...

5. Then, buy both!

6. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I personally am not buying a PS4 at launch because Sony has had a bad record for releasing too many variations of their systems. I will wait a year until there is a decent game library and a better idea of what this generation of consoles is going to mean for DLC. The terabyte HD has me worried that you are going to be spending $60 on the game, then another $100 on DLC.

7. ipad2user

ipad2user Well-Known Member

May 9, 2013
    PS4 has a 500gb HD not 1TB but is upgradable unlike the spybox's HD which isn't.

8. ipad2user

May 9, 2013
    Just seen iPad Air video. This now puts the final nail in the coffin for my iPad2 but I don't care as my workmate has offered me £250 for it several times, I'm gonna take it now and be rid of it before the price drops like a brick.

My brother has a 2 also but seems not keen to sell and is too much of a pauper to upgrade lol!!

9. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Hmm, iPad "Air"? Can you say iPad "Pro" in March? :)

10. ipad2user

May 9, 2013
    If they did that they'd lose a crapload of customers, nobody is stupid enough to blow £500 on an ipad and another £500 5 months later.

11. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #12 dclose, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    You mean like they did with the iPad 3rd gen?

Edit: Interesting price point structure they have going on now. If you want the latest chip (A7) you have a choice of $650 for the smallest (5s), $400 for the next size (mini), and $500 for the largest (air). Same processor, and probably same memory onboard, so unless you need a phone or have a particular need for a larger size, the mini comes in at the best price point. Pair it with a Google Voice number, Hangouts app, and T-mobile's new free 200 mb cellular data plan (okay, the cell-capable mini would cost a bit more, true) and you might have a good light use "phone" for cheaper? Interesting, anyway.

12. ipad2user

May 9, 2013
    So how much ram does this machine have?

13. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

We won't know until they ship. At least a gig possibly two.

14. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Where's the 10,000x7000 resolution and the AInfinityX chip. This chip does it all.. No need to upgrade ever again:)

15. SlightReturn

SlightReturn Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Not happening. Apple moved the iPads to the 4th quarter for a reason. They're not going back to Spring in any capacity.

16. SlightReturn

SlightReturn Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    That was a one time thing, and it was done for a reason.

17. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    iPad pro release is tied to the release of the 60 inch Apple TV.

18. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Now this is some impressive thread squatting and trailer ripping right here. O_O

19. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Eh, I can afford it. So maybe they'll release a slim version in 2-3 years time, I'll just trade in. No biggie.

And 1TB seems pitifully small to me. Every game is available via digital distribution now and filesizes are only going up. Going by my purchase history I'll break 100 PS4 games eventually, so I'm practically forced to stick with physical media.