M7 Motion enabled step counter with GameCenter support

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by J-a-x, Nov 12, 2013.

1. J-a-x

J-a-x Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Hi guys,

Long time lurker here. I finally created an account for Touch Arcade so I could share an iOS app project of mine. It isn't a game in the traditional sense but now that I've added Game Center support it has a gaming element to it. My app is a simple M7 motion co-processor enabled step counter called StepTracker. It gives you an idea of how active you have been while carrying your iPhone by telling you how many steps you have taken and how far you have traveled by foot, kind of like a FitBit but simpler (and cheaper).

Now that I have added Game Center support, you can view the online community's step counts via the leaderboard, and challenge your friends to step count competitions. I am currently in 25h place! :)

If you try my app and give me some feedback, I'll give you a promo code which will disable the ads (they can also be disabled via an in-app purchase).

The app is available for free on the app store here:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/steptracker/id714439468?mt=8

Thanks!
    -Jackson

2. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Not bad with the Game Center support, I use another app that utilises the M7 chip.

3. J-a-x

J-a-x Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Which one do you use and how do you like it compared to my app?

4. J-a-x

J-a-x Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Any feedback would be appreciated. And if you want a promo code just let me know.

5. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Sounds Interesting.

May i request for a Promo code?

Thanks

6. J-a-x

J-a-x Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Sure, here you go! LPL6MTALHYWY
    (let me know if somebody steals it and I'll post another).

Also feel free to like my app on Facebook for news and information about it.
    https://www.facebook.com/StepTracker

7. J-a-x

J-a-x Member

Nov 12, 2013
    #7 J-a-x, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
    So it turns out the promo code won't do anything. It seems there is no way to unlock in-app purchases via a promo code. Since Apple gave me promo codes for my free app with one IAP I assumed the promo codes were for that but apparently not. Sorry about that guys. I wish I could give out codes to disable the ads.

By the way, I am working on the following features:
    •Storage of unlimited step data rather than just 7 days.
    •Annotations of step data - i.e. you can add a comment which says what you did on a particular day to explain why your step count might be low or high.
    •New leaderboards for best daily score, and best average step count rather than just an overall best score of all time.

8. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I'm using - Pedometer +

9. J-a-x

J-a-x Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Do you have any advice on what you like about Pedometer++ compared with StepTracker? Anything you'd like to see in StepTracker? I just released a major update with several cool new features. The app now stores every day you view you step count on rather than just the last 7 days. It also calculates your average step count and uses that in a new Game Center leaaderboard. And you can add text comments about each day (for example, you could mark one day as the day you ran a marathon), so that when you export your data it will have the comments next to your step count.

Here's a YouTube video demo of the new version:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJEzwNU1nUs