Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-26-2014, 01:29 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
It does -- but this game was first an online game, then a Facebook game, now an iOS game. My point is in this day and age we can't know entirely which games ever came first.

It also brings up the use of the words clones vs inspired. There is no need to create a furor needlessly by using the harsher word clone when really it should be inspired by. (it wasn't you that used the word clone I realize, just making that point in the same response)
Ok, I'll take the bait-- it IS a clone of a specific match-3 game called Puzzle Craft. This goes well beyond "inspired by" -- it's the same game, they just put the mine on the top of the screen instead of the bottom. The color palette is the same and they've only made a marginal effort to make the art assets look different.

I get where you're coming from, but this deserves to be called out. Of all the Clash of Clans-esque games out there, most at least attempt to reskin the artwork to a new theme.

Also, it's quite easy to know which game came first, Google search.

Puzzle Tale released on Facebook March 5, 2014, iOS June 25, 2014
Puzzle Craft released in the AppStore August 15, 2012
Old 06-26-2014, 07:08 PM

I didn't know u could put games into airplane mode to disable ads! Does that work for all games like that?

Last edited by Bone16; 06-26-2014 at 07:10 PM..
Old 06-27-2014, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone16 View Post
I didn't know u could put games into airplane mode to disable ads! Does that work for all games like that?
When your device is put in airplane mode, you are shutting off both the wi-fi and Cellular access. So when its time for the program to call a new advert it cant, so it wont display advert. But if the game needs to access the game server, it wont able too untill you turn off airplane mode. So with some games you may have to wait untill the a game finished checking its files against the game server before you turn it on when first run them.

Last edited by hellscaretaker; 06-27-2014 at 07:23 AM..
Old 07-11-2014, 12:07 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Deleting this.

It has periodic paywalls where you have to build a structure that requires huge amounts of premium currency. The first one was 60, it took me about a day of saving up to clear it but I did. A day later I'm closing in on the second, which is 300. No thank you.

Incredibly, if I did want to spend a load of money on this, the biggest and most efficient purchase is 450...for $29.99! So basically this second paywall requires either a week of grinding or 20 dollars. No thank you.

Just for giggles, I'll also mention that one time IAPs go up to as much as $49.99. And there are two of those.

This is clearly a case where they figured that since they were ripping off another game they hardly spend anything making the game and they don't care if anyone plays. But man, if they can get, like, 3 people to buy a few of these massive IAPS...pure profit.

Not only am I deleting this, I will be very skeptical of this developer in the future.